Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Electronic Signings
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 9/26/22 1:18pm Msg #642488
When Vermont eventually issues rules for electronic signings and I'm allowed to do them, one question I will always keep in mind is how will the parties read and keep the documents?

Even if I'm convinced an electronic signing would be secure enough in a certain situation, I will be wondering if the signer, or the person receiving the document, has enough skill with technology to read the document once it arrives in their inbox (or wherever it arrives).

How long does it have to be kept? A month? A year? Does it have to be handed down to multiple generation? Do the people who will be storing it understand that all hard drives fail, all electronic document formats eventually become obsolete, and all cloud services eventually discontinue their service?

If the signer or recipient does not seem up to the task of properly handling the finished document, I will decline to perform an electronic notarial act.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 ALTA in complete support of nationwide RON -  Yoli/CA on 9/25/22 12:53pm
 Re: ALTA in complete support of nationwide RON -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/25/22 1:09pm
 Rates hit 6.4% on Friday. Paper or digital closings? It does - grapebed on 9/25/22 8:33pm
 The FED could crash the housing market -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/26/22 7:50am
 Re: The FED could crash the housing market -  Amigoaz on 9/26/22 9:34am
 Re: The FED could crash the housing market -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/26/22 9:41am
 Re: Electronic Signings -  Amigoaz on 9/26/22 12:38pm
 Re: Electronic Signings - VT_Syrup on 9/26/22 1:18pm
 Re: Electronic Signings -  Yoli/CA on 9/26/22 1:58pm
 Re: Electronic Signings - PaigeTurner on 9/26/22 5:23pm
 Interesting that they named bill the "SECURE"... Act -  JanetK_CA on 9/28/22 2:31pm
 Bill Naming: Just like the Inflation Reduction Act doesn't -  Amigoaz on 9/28/22 9:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.