Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Get outta the way
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 1/28/19 5:10pm Msg #602602
I applaud all your efforts to stop remote notarizations being approved by the CA legislature, but IMO you might as well have tried to stop the invention of automobiles or the Instant Pot. It's just inevitable. Soon, there will be only one NSA left in the world, and even he/she will be automated since there will be no need for personal appearance anymore. Borrowers just show ID, which will be transmitted somehow to this "notary," and bada bing bada boom, everything's notarized. For a huge hefty fee, btw, because these remote notarization geniuses know what they're doing. They're the new Jeff Bezos. There's a fortune to be had. Buy stock now. Why do you think they're doing it? Who came up with this idea? A Steve Jobs type of guy, likely. As long as lenders are OK with this, and why wouldn't they be, it's a go. They've already vetted the borrowers up the yingyang and back again with their underwriters. Title has done its job. Who need us? We're going the way of gas lamplighters. If we think we can outrun these guys … guess again. Maybe delay them. Make them have to work a little harder, spend a little more money on fancy dinners, gifts, vacations for state legislators to get them to see that this is the future, but the tsunami is on its way.

We've always been necessary evils with lenders, anyway. Who came up with this idea that all deeds need to be notarized? If it weren't for us pesky NSAs, well... imagine that world from a lenders' POV. Easy street. Which is what it's come to. And if that's not enough, I've yet to hear of a state legislature that gave a hoot what notary had to say.

Of course I'd love to be proved totally wrong!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization - Matt Miller on 1/28/19 11:12am
 Re: Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 2:50pm
 GF = General Fund n/m - Bear900/CA on 1/28/19 4:11pm
 Re: GF = General Fund -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 4:35pm
 Get outta the way - BearPaw/CO on 1/28/19 5:10pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Lee/AR on 1/28/19 7:12pm
 My 4 cents - LisaKT/CA on 1/28/19 9:08pm
 Re: Get outta the way -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 9:21pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Matt Miller on 1/31/19 10:14am
 Not everything gets the OK the first time around -  Linda_in_IN on 1/31/19 4:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.