Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Get outta the way
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/28/19 9:21pm Msg #602608
You may be right, and I've been warning about the probability you're talking about for some time. But your post only addresses NSA type work. These days, a major portion of my work (and probably all the notary work that happens in store fronts and offices around the country) would likely best be considered GNW. In those cases, there isn't a lender who has "vetted the borrowers up the yingyang and back again".

I still think there are many potential concerns with remote notarizations when it comes to identification, security, and fraud prevention for the run-of-the-mill notarization. Again, you're probably right about it being inevitable, but I'd like to see quite a few more advances in technology before it becomes the norm. If delay is all that we can achieve (and it probably is), so be it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization - Matt Miller on 1/28/19 11:12am
 Re: Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 2:50pm
 GF = General Fund n/m - Bear900/CA on 1/28/19 4:11pm
 Re: GF = General Fund -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 4:35pm
 Get outta the way - BearPaw/CO on 1/28/19 5:10pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Lee/AR on 1/28/19 7:12pm
 My 4 cents - LisaKT/CA on 1/28/19 9:08pm
 Re: Get outta the way -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 9:21pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Matt Miller on 1/31/19 10:14am
 Not everything gets the OK the first time around -  Linda_in_IN on 1/31/19 4:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.