Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Orange Coast Title
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 9/13/22 2:03pm Msg #642266
You're right. TCs can, if they wish to, pay you from their general fund. The EO tells you that she worked on that file since the beginning of February and TC received nothing. That may be so that OCT didn't receive payment. However, I'm sure she and her staff were paid for all time worked.

Given all the above - most TCs do not pay when a file cancels and/or doesn't fund for whatever reason. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. That's one of the main reasons for working direct and charging the good, professional fees - you run the risk of not getting paid. The notary is supposed to be an impartial party to the transaction and pay should not be contingent on file funding (jmo). Unfortunately, that's not how TCs view it.

I would normally say keep pushing back and demand payment. You may, however, lose OCT's business. I say this from personal experience. Msg #505655 After that foray, I only worked with OCT once or twice and only 'cause another notary referred them to me because they needed someone fluent in Spanish. I've never tried pursuing it further.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Let's us know the final outcome.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Orange Coast Title - Cathy Landre on 9/13/22 12:48pm
 Re: Orange Coast Title - Cathy Landre on 9/13/22 12:52pm
 Re: Orange Coast Title -  Yoli/CA on 9/13/22 2:03pm
 Re: Orange Coast Title - ananotary on 9/13/22 8:36pm
 Contact the Branch manager n/m - Bear900/CA on 9/13/22 2:36pm
 Re: Contact the Branch manager - Cathy Landre on 9/14/22 11:00am
 aka downside of direct work w/many TCs n/m - Lee/AR on 9/13/22 1:42pm
 Re: aka downside of direct work w/many TCs - ananotary on 9/13/22 8:38pm
 Re: Orange Coast Title - Clem/CA on 9/13/22 2:21pm
 Re: Orange Coast Title -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/13/22 6:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.