Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Name change question - thoughts please
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 9/15/21 8:52pm Msg #635201
All the Patriot Act forms I've ever seen had only one name on it. And I always did as Luckydog does: the name on the Patriot Act can only have slight variations from the ID or I wouldn't sign the form.

In all the cases I can remember, the name on the mortgage and/or deed was very close, or identical, to the name on the Patriot Act form. But occasionally some of the other documents had quite a bit of variation from the name on the Patriot Act form. If it was OK with title, it was OK with me, as long as the signer could support all the variations with satisfactory evidence. For example, in one case a signer used an Americanized version of her name on some documents and the Japanese version of her name (written in Roman letters) on other documents. She had US passport to support the American version of the name, and a Japanese passport to support the Japanese version of the name.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Name change question - thoughts please - Roadie_MD on 9/15/21 10:41am
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - VT_Syrup on 9/15/21 11:06am
 Thanks VT - Roadie_MD on 9/15/21 11:13am
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please -  JanetK_CA on 9/15/21 2:50pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - Luckydog on 9/15/21 3:27pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - VT_Syrup on 9/15/21 4:35pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - Luckydog on 9/15/21 8:36pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - VT_Syrup on 9/15/21 8:52pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please - Luckydog on 9/15/21 8:56pm
 I run into that too. IMO in many cases the lender doesn't -  MW/VA on 9/15/21 4:52pm
 Re: I run into that too. IMO in many cases the lender doesn -  JanetK_CA on 9/15/21 5:08pm
 Re: Name change question - thoughts please -  Ilene C. Seidel on 9/16/21 5:57am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.