Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Not everything gets the OK the first time around
Posted by  Linda_in_IN of IN on 1/31/19 4:24pm Msg #602714
When the legislature in Indiana looked at revising notary laws, remote notarization was included but was taken out. It was tweeked and included in legislation that was ultimately passed the second time around. From what I have been reading, most legislation regarding remote notarizations do not pass the first time. There is push back, questions to be answered, and adjustments to be made so that the notaries do not get totally snowed in the process. For example--if my memory is correct--in Indiana the first round had a max fee that the notaries could charge for remote notarization of $10. In the final version that was passed, that fee was increased to $25.

Although I truly believe that remote notarizations will become a recognized type of notarization one day, I have heard from at least one former RON notary that she quit the RON due to the fact that she wasn't making money (after additional licenses, equipment, insurance, and other needed items) on this aspect of her business.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization - Matt Miller on 1/28/19 11:12am
 Re: Fiscal Impact of CA remote notarization -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 2:50pm
 GF = General Fund n/m - Bear900/CA on 1/28/19 4:11pm
 Re: GF = General Fund -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 4:35pm
 Get outta the way - BearPaw/CO on 1/28/19 5:10pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Lee/AR on 1/28/19 7:12pm
 My 4 cents - LisaKT/CA on 1/28/19 9:08pm
 Re: Get outta the way -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/19 9:21pm
 Re: Get outta the way - Matt Miller on 1/31/19 10:14am
 Not everything gets the OK the first time around -  Linda_in_IN on 1/31/19 4:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.