Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

It takes 2-4 weeks for immunity to develop, reportedly
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 2/22/21 11:00am Msg #629756
These are all things I read when researching the vaccine, so I'm just the messenger on this one.

The body has to process the exposure and create/fine-tune the antibodies. This process can take up to four weeks, but generally in most reports I've read it states you should have the benefit of the vaccine in most cases after two weeks. Getting COVID and getting over it does create antibodies, I've also read, but only to the particular strain you had, and may not prevent a second occurrence. Often, people who get COVID a second time are much more ill then than the first time for the same reason the second dose of the vaccine often has more dramatic side effects than the first: your body recognizes what's invading it and knows hot to respond, so it turns your defense up to 11 as soon as possible.

I also read a single opinion piece (so take with a grain of salt) from an epidemiologist last week who said that while they don't conclusively know if the vaccine would keep one from being a carrier, he did say if it doesn't, that would be the first time any vaccine didn't have that effect.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Finding this week the vaccinations are working - Luckydog on 2/20/21 4:50pm
 Maybe where you are - my sister-in-law - Linda_H/FL on 2/20/21 5:27pm
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working - JanetK_CA on 2/20/21 8:08pm
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working - Luckydog on 2/21/21 8:13pm
 The vaccine does not provide immunity! People still need to -  MW/VA on 2/21/21 7:46am
 Sorry Marilynn..disagree - they DO provide immunity - Linda_H/FL on 2/21/21 9:13am
 Thanks. This is the first I've heard of this new info. ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 2/21/21 7:45pm
 Re: vaccine - VT_Syrup on 2/21/21 9:13am
 Re: vaccine and Immunity . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 2/21/21 9:40pm
 It takes 2-4 weeks for immunity to develop, reportedly - Kellosh/CA on 2/22/21 11:00am
 Re: It takes 2-4 weeks for immunity to develop, reportedly - Luckydog on 2/22/21 12:49pm
 Finding this week the vaccinations are working - NewPhoenix on 2/22/21 11:40am
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working - VT_Syrup on 2/22/21 1:33pm
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working - NVLSlady/VA on 2/22/21 2:34pm
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working -  JanetK_CA on 2/24/21 12:18am
 Re: Finding this week the vaccinations are working - Luckydog on 2/22/21 7:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.