Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't read it that way
Posted by DaveCA/CA of CA on 5/5/21 4:19pm Msg #631876
For section 1, any of the identifying documents do not need a signature. However, if you use anything from Section 2, then you do need a signature among other things. Essentially, there are 4 types of ID's we can use without signature on it.

1. There is reasonable reliance on any one of the following forms of identifcation, provided
it is current or was issued within 5 years:
a. An identifcation card or driver’s license issued by the California Department of Motor
Vehicles;
b. A United States passport;
c. An inmate identifcation card issued by the California Department of Corrections and
Rehabilitation, if the inmate is in custody in California state prison;
d. Any form of inmate identifcation issued by a sheriff’s department, if the inmate is in
custody in a local detention facility; or

2. There is reasonable reliance on any one of the following forms of identifcation, provided
that it also contains a photograph, description of the person, signature of the person, and an
identifying number:

(a) A valid consular identifcation document issued by a consulate from the applicant’s country
of citizenship, or a valid passport from the applicant’s country of citizenship;
(b) A driver’s license issued by another state or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency
authorized to issue driver’s licenses;
(c) An identifcation card issued by another state;
(d) A United States military identifcation card (caution: current military identifcation cards
might not contain all the required information);
(e) An employee identifcation card issued by an agency or offce of the State of California,
or an agency or offce of a city, county, or city and county in California.
(f) An identifcation card issued by a federally recognized tribal government

Please set me straight, if necessary.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Passport Card for ID -  Yoli/CA on 5/5/21 11:14am
 Re: Passport Card for ID -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/5/21 11:54am
 No can do in CA - Bear900/CA on 5/5/21 12:59pm
 Re: No can do in CA - Oregon has strange rules too. - Mills Mobile Notary Service on 5/5/21 1:41pm
 Re: No can do in CA - Oregon has strange rules too. - Luckydog on 5/5/21 1:58pm
 Our books are signed - Bear900/CA on 5/5/21 2:25pm
 I’m in Oregon. Mine and all I have received for ID signed :) n/m - sigtogo/OR on 5/7/21 12:47am
 Maybe I'm wrong. I don't read it that way - DaveCA/CA on 5/5/21 4:19pm
 Re: - Matt Miller on 5/5/21 6:34pm
 signature on US passport book - VT_Syrup on 5/5/21 6:47pm
 I read it same as DaveCA n/m - Calnotary on 5/6/21 12:07am
 Re: Maybe I -  JanetK_CA on 5/6/21 12:20am
 Re: Passport Card for ID - Lajefa/CA on 5/5/21 8:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.