Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Name mispelled on QCD
Posted by BetsyMI of MI on 3/28/06 3:39pm Msg #109124
Had a closing today where the borrower's name was spelled correctly throughout a double loan package except for one QCD.

On the QCD, her first name was spelled correctly in three or four places, for instance, correctly spelled as "Nina" (not her real name).

But in several places in the paragraph part her first name was mispelled as "Neena" (again not her name), as well as under the line where her signature was required. We crossed out wherever it said "Neena" and printed "Nina" above or below it and initialed the changes.

Upon returning the docs to the title company, I pointed this out. The escrow officer said the QCD could not be recorded as such and said I should have called for a new one, which they could have emailed to us where I was doing the closing. I agree she could have, but thought what I did was correct. I did get paid, but wondered afterwards if I was wrong in doing what we did. If it had been in the evening and the TC were closed, there would have been no other choice. But this was during the day.

Comments from the experts?

Thanks
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Name mispelled on QCD - BetsyMI on 3/28/06 3:39pm
 Re: Name mispelled on QCD - Colonel_IA on 3/28/06 3:49pm
 Was correct but alot of recorders will not accept it. -  Janlee_MI on 3/28/06 4:01pm
 Re: Was correct but alot of recorders will not accept it. - Blueink_CA on 3/28/06 4:16pm
 Janlee....what? - Anonymous from 64.68.241.34 on 3/29/06 10:20am
 I have 'em sign as it... -  TitleGalCA on 3/28/06 5:02pm
 Re: Name mispelled on QCD -  MelissaM_FL on 3/28/06 5:54pm
 Re: Name mispelled on QCD - pan/nd on 3/28/06 9:45pm
 Re: Name mispelled on QCD -  ReneeK_MI on 3/29/06 5:34am
 Re: Name mispelled on QCD - BetsyMI on 3/29/06 9:22am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.