Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

MA Non-resident Notary Requirements
Posted by ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas of CO on 4/16/19 5:50pm Msg #605448
MA General Laws, Chapter 222, Section 13(a): A person qualified for a notary public commission shall be at least 18 years of age and reside or have a regular place of work or business within the commonwealth.

Section 1 defines words and phrases used in Chapter 222.
“Regular place of work or business”, a place where an individual spends a substantial portion of their working or business hours.

Source: https://www.mass.gov/becoming-a-notary-public

I would ask the MA Notary Public Office in Boston to clarify the meaning of substantial portion of working hours.

I keep a spreadsheet mileage log showing the date, destination, zip code, purpose, notes, miles traveled and arrival and departure times. I could show my travel time and on-site time at various locations or zip codes.

Colorado requires the notary to be a resident or have a place of employment or practice in the state.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question on Dual Notary. - GAMMYx3/MA on 4/16/19 1:41pm
 Re: Question on Dual Notary. - Luckydog on 4/16/19 1:44pm
 Re: Question on Dual Notary. - GAMMYx3/MA on 4/16/19 1:58pm
 Re: Question on Dual Notary. - GAMMYx3/MA on 4/16/19 2:02pm
 Re: Question on Dual Notary. - MikeC/TX on 4/16/19 5:12pm
 MA Non-resident Notary Requirements - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 4/16/19 5:50pm
 Re: MA Non-resident Notary Requirements - GAMMYx3/MA on 4/18/19 2:46pm
 Re: Question on Dual Notary. - Luckydog on 4/16/19 1:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.