Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 7/5/19 1:05am Msg #608153
"Even after explaining that, they asked that the dates be changed per industry standards to be effective the date of signing."

The above indicates you DID line out the printed dates, had customers initial and write in the correct dates? That is generally the correct thing to do.

There ARE some exceptions, but these should not be determined by a notary. See (f) Exempt transactions, just to demonstrate, not to make a decision. There MAY be a legitimate exemption.

Do not be confused by (1) A residential mortgage transaction, which is understood to be a purchase transaction.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/policy-compliance/rulemaking/regulations/1026/23/

Otherwise, it should be generally noted that errors on the RTC can cause the rescission period to extend out to THREE YEARS, not three days for the customer. All part of TILA.

Some may feel that the SIGNED date alone establishes a time-line. That shouldn't be a notary's decision.

If you corrected the dates, and initialed them (counting Friday, Saturday and Monday with Thursday being a holiday), and it turns out to be an error, at least you erred on the better side.

Try to contact the LO first thing in the morning to see if three does exist an exemption.

Keep ALL your written documentation of instructions on this one.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated - Kellosh/CA on 7/4/19 8:29pm
 Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated - Calnotary on 7/4/19 9:27pm
 Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated - Bear900/CA on 7/5/19 1:05am
 Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated -  Ilene C. Seidel on 7/5/19 4:59am
 Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated - Luckydog on 7/5/19 8:40am
 Re: Right to Cancel (effectively) postdated - SteveS/CA on 7/5/19 9:01am
 Yes, the signers amended the dates... - Kellosh/CA on 7/5/19 9:45am
 Re: Yes, the signers amended the dates... -  jojo_MN on 7/5/19 10:58am
 I also would have changed the date on the RTC's, regardless -  MW/VA on 7/5/19 2:58pm
 I dont see any problem - Gavina Franklin on 7/5/19 9:53am
 Re: I dont see any problem - Kellosh/CA on 7/5/19 9:56am
 Re: I dont see any problem - Luckydog on 7/5/19 11:24am
 Re: I would probably agree if - Carolyn Bodley on 7/5/19 11:50am
 Re: I would probably agree if -  Mike Goodey on 7/5/19 12:47pm
 Re: I would probably agree if - Luckydog on 7/5/19 1:06pm
 Re: I would probably agree if - SteveS/CA on 7/5/19 2:15pm
 I think I would drop the docs. -  JanetK_CA on 7/5/19 5:48pm
 Re: I think I would drop the docs. - Bear900/CA on 7/6/19 1:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.