Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Zero warning. XYZ FAILED!!!
Posted by  Ernest__CT of CT on 8/28/19 9:49pm Msg #609743
A call to the XYZ Hotline weeks ago, just after we got email from a friendly, professional CT NSA, found that XYZ hadn't known about the new law! Yikes! They should have been all over it, getting CT NSAs to lobby against the bill and raising everyone's awareness. Yet another example of why we cannot trust the XYZ.

CT has had our notarization fees set at $5 per notarization for as long as I've been a Notary Public (since 2006), while the fees for a marriage license have gone from $30 to $50. Lots of other "fees" have gone up, too. According to the State of Connecticut, they're not "taxes", they're "fees".

No non-attorney NSA in their right mind would conduct loan closings and risk getting the Unauthorized Practice of Law fines and losing their Commission.

For those of us who took real training, passed real tests (not take-it-until-you-pass tests), and keep up our training and research, being is hardly a side hustle. Because of the careless in-it-to-make-beer-money hobbyists, people such as Bobbi, John, Anja, and I are going to lose a substantial part of our income.

Now do you see why newbies worry us?r
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I HATE being a "side gig" - BobbiCT on 8/26/19 12:53pm
 Re: I HATE being a "side gig" -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/26/19 1:02pm
 "side gig" - Signerbill on 8/26/19 2:04pm
 Agree totally. - Lee/AR on 8/26/19 2:37pm
 Re: Agree totally. - SteveS/CA on 8/26/19 5:02pm
 That terms makes me cringe too. I know of one ss that -  MW/VA on 8/26/19 2:48pm
 "side gig" What will you do now? - Clem/CA on 8/26/19 3:21pm
 CT statutory limit is $5 each document notarized. -  John/CT on 8/26/19 6:46pm
 Re: CT statutory limit is $5 each document notarized. -  VT_Syrup on 8/26/19 7:02pm
 RE: Out-of-state refi's & purchases -  John/CT on 8/26/19 7:20pm
 Didn't any of you have a heads up that this was going to -  MW/VA on 8/26/19 8:24pm
 While I have no respect for XYZ, it might be good to -  MW/VA on 8/26/19 8:25pm
 Never heard a word. Boo! n/m -  John/CT on 8/26/19 9:12pm
 Bill been introduced to CGA for over 10 years .... - BobbiCT on 8/27/19 7:27am
 Zero warning. XYZ FAILED!!! -  Ernest__CT on 8/28/19 9:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.