Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Me, too.
Posted by CopperheadTX of VA on 1/24/20 8:10am Msg #614933
Janet, I kind of wish it was that way everywhere because it would weed out the clueless people who should never have a notary commission. At least in CA each notarization has some real monetary value, whereas in most states the notary may only charge something along the lines of $2 - $7 per notarial act (not per signature.) Several months ago I had my signature notarized on a document along with a second signer and we went to the local pack and ship store to have it done. The notary is on her third commission and she made so many errors. She also charged us more than the state-allowed fee and she refused to discuss it when I pointed it out to her. As a result, I filed a formal complaint against her with the state; she was admonished and required to complete a notary training class - her notary commission has now been reinstated. Her third commission and she still didn't know what she was doing. I've also had things notarized at my bank and they made errors too. I personally would welcome a more expensive and rigorous notary commission process with a testing requirement in my state. Here in TX, if you have $21 and a pulse and purchase a bond, you can become a notary.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signings starting to pick up. Nearly all junk. - NK_UT on 1/22/20 8:20pm
 Re: Signings starting to pick up. Nearly all junk. - Luckydog on 1/22/20 8:40pm
 I've kept pretty busy but that weather.. - CST on 1/22/20 9:32pm
 Welcome to January in notary world.......:) - notarydi/CA on 1/23/20 8:52am
 I am having a really slow January, I did take the first week - ananotary on 1/23/20 7:26pm
 Me, too. -  JanetK_CA on 1/23/20 11:58pm
 Re: Me, too. - CopperheadTX on 1/24/20 8:10am
 I agree. It would be great if all states had the same stand -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/24/20 10:20am
 Minority opinion: States should not have same standards - Lee/AR on 1/24/20 11:25am
 Re: Minority opinion: States should not have same standards -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/24/20 11:47am
 No! Minority opinion: States should not have same standards - Lee/AR on 1/24/20 12:34pm
 Re: No! Minority opinion: States should not have same standards -  VT_Syrup on 1/24/20 1:44pm
 Exactly, VT_Syrup. Needs much thought and no leaps of faith n/m - Lee/AR on 1/24/20 2:13pm
 Re: Me, too. -  JanetK_CA on 1/24/20 3:47pm
 Good time to refresh, renew, and enjoy the free time -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/24/20 7:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.