Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana
Posted by kcg of IN on 7/14/20 5:08am Msg #622010
Yes, this new requirement really takes the cake. Introducing yet another person during a pandemic is totally crazy. This fell out of the sky and caught everyone unawares even county recorders. I have a friend who is a lawyer and owns a title company here in IN. He notified me back in late June. He is writing letters to state senators urging them to change the language back to "or" rather than "and". In the meantime, we must follow the law.

The best way to get it done quickly and protect the borrowers privacy is to have the witness form and the signature page of the mortgage on top. Check the ID for witness. Get these two documents signed and let the witness go. I tell the borrower they must get a witness and so far so good.

I was told there can be no payment for the witness but no one seems able to find this in writing. If I have to bring a witness I will have my fee increased and pay the witness rather than have "witness fee" written on anything. Just to be safe.

If any IN notary needs a copy of the ordinance and witness forms, send me a pm with your email address.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New Witness Requirement for Indiana - Kellosh/CA on 7/13/20 9:53am
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 11:17am
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana - Kellosh/CA on 7/13/20 11:41am
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 12:59pm
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana - Kellosh/CA on 7/13/20 5:19pm
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana -  JanetK_CA on 7/13/20 7:17pm
 Re: New Witness Requirement for Indiana - kcg on 7/14/20 5:08am
 IN really messed up big time with this...especially during - Lee/AR on 7/13/20 6:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.