Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

curl
Posted by Clem/CA of CA on 9/17/20 9:43pm Msg #624662
I have two Printers same make same model.. one curled the paper one did not, I found adjusting the fuser temp worked for me...

Paper curl is caused by excess humidity in the paper. When paper passes through the fuser, the combination of heat and pressure required to bond toner to the paper also causes curling because of excess moisture in the paper. All laser printer are susceptible to this.

Move the paper to a dry environment and keep it sealed until you need to use it. Always store your paper in a humidity-controlled environment and don’t unwrap the reams until you’re ready to put the paper in the printer. Paper has a tendency to absorb moisture from its surroundings, so be sure that the paper is not stored close to air conditioning vents. Much of the time, this simple change will resolve the issue.

If moving the paper doesn’t help and you have a laser printer or laser copier, try changing the fuser mode to lower the fuser temperature. Fuser rollers degrade over time, resulting in the fuser being too hot and the paper curling. Some laser printers, especially HP brand, give the user the ability to adjust this setting. You’ll need to consult the user manual for your machine to see if it offers this option. If it doesn’t, you may need to have the printer professionally serviced and if the rollers have degraded, they made need to be replaced.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 curl - Clem/CA on 9/17/20 9:43pm
 Re: curl - kcg on 9/18/20 7:36am
 Good info. Thanks. Another issue is what brand of paper. -  MW/VA on 9/18/20 7:41am
 Re: curl - Luckydog on 9/18/20 7:49am
 thankful I've never had that problem n/m - CST on 9/18/20 2:35pm
 Re: thankful I - Luckydog on 9/18/20 2:46pm
 Re: thankful I - CST on 9/18/20 7:59pm
 Re: curl - Jennifer Mumford on 9/18/20 5:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.