Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Signing Carolina ...
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 10/10/20 11:24pmMsg #625318
what do you'all pay for a gallon of gas today? Filled up my tank two days ago at 3.25/gal. That's the lowest I've seen it in a really long time. It's usually 4-5.
what do you pay for a pound of butter?(($3.00) I buy fru-fru butter, but a three pound brick costs me $12.99.
Do you have tolls going to your deals? I do live in an area with toll bridges, but I stay close enough to home that I rarely have to cross them. It might happen once a month, and then it's a $5 toll usually. But the thing about where I live (SF Bay Area) is that the traffic (outside of covid times) is INSANE. Going 10 miles from my house can take an hour sometimes. Now there's so much work for notaries and generally light traffic, that hasn't been an issue this year, though.
Do you get to eat home for lunch or are your deals so widespread that once you leave home, you are out and about?
what is your average time to and from a deal? As I said above, in non-covid times, once I leave for the day, I'm generally gone until I'm done for the day due to traffic. It's usually not practical for me to swing back home, since I"ll need to pick up and leave as soon as I get there. This is one of the reasons I recently invested in a cargo van that I could build an office into the back of. Now I can work in comfort in a fully functional office in between signings. I can even print, scan, and make coffee on the road. I hope to get a microwave so I can bring a lunch to heat. Sometimes I'm coordinated enough to pack one before I leave home; often I pick up some soup or a sandwich at Panera.

I am paying $29 for a case of letter paper and NEVER use legal-I bought a ream of legal 2 years ago and still have 1/2 of it.
That price is about the same out here. I don't use as much legal paper, but I still use it consistently. A ream of letter paper lasts me about ten days. A ream of legal paper lasts me about three months.

I read how you guys use legal...WHY? lenders don't care-just don't have cut offs...we all use many of the same title companies here as you guys.

It's usually based on either corporate dictates by HQs or by local county ordinances. It varies widely. However, you CANNOT independently decide to print a file sent to use as legal size on letter. This is an explicit instruction from every title company I've ever worked with.

FYI: I'm on the left coast, but my fees aren't as high as some of the others for the mere fact that there's so many notaries working here, it drives prices down. I still make over $100 on nearly all my signings (I'll take a single doc or even seller package for less sometimes if it doesn't require me to go too far out of my way), but I usually get $120-130. Rare is it for me to get $150. Simply too many other notaries competing for me to make that kind of demand.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Carolina ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/9/20 9:13am
 Re: Signing Carolina ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/9/20 9:22am
 Re: Signing Carolina ... - Eric Roller on 10/9/20 7:43pm
 Glad you asked, Eric -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/10/20 9:19am
 Re: Glad you asked, Eric -  JanetK_CA on 10/10/20 3:14pm
 Re: Signing Carolina ... - Kellosh/CA on 10/10/20 11:24pm
 Re: Signing Carolina ... -  jojo_MN on 10/9/20 10:47am
 Re: Signing Carolina ... - Eric Roller on 10/10/20 5:45pm
 Re: Signing Carolina ... - SteveS/CA on 10/11/20 9:59am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.