Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Damaged shipping packaging ...
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 12/2/20 8:47am Msg #626992
In post below, mention was made of UPS envelope arriving broken to 2nd notary of a split signing. Someone else said it may not have been the 1st notary's fault but rather damage done during shipping.

A few months ago, I was at our local Fedex hub dropping off a package. There was a young lady there also. She was dressed in faded jeans, flip flops and a nice summery top. The only reason I noticed her was because the Fedex clerk had stopped her from stuffing a handful of docs (approx. 150+ pages) into a cardboard envelope. The clerk told her that envelope would probably burst and her documents would be scattered as they weren't bound by any clip or rubber band. Clerk further told her the shipment would be more protected in one of those polyethylene paks. This latter as clerk handed her one. Customer hurriedly commented she didn't have time to relabel as she had to rush to her next appointment. Clerk told her she'd take care of it and customer left.

At first I was impressed with clerk's helpfulness. Then, I thought Wow! the audacity of that young lady allowing someone else to repackage what appeared like a loan package (the NPPI). Now, I don't know for sure that it was and I don't know if that young lady is a notary. At the time, it appeared to me that she's a notary who was rushing to drop shipment and rushing to her next signing. I could be wrong.

But, I digressed. Yes, docs sometimes are put in wrong shipping containers and those containers may be damaged during shipping -- for whatever reason, overpacking or mishandling. Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Damaged shipping packaging ... -  Yoli/CA on 12/2/20 8:47am
 Cardboard Envelopes are good for something - Clem/CA on 12/2/20 8:57am
 I use the cardboard envelopes all the time. My docs are -  MW/VA on 12/2/20 9:19am
 Re: Damaged shipping packaging ... - Luckydog on 12/2/20 10:20am
 Remember The Cat Pee Story? - PegiT_MN on 12/2/20 11:53am
 Re: Damaged Package - kcg on 12/2/20 2:11pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.