Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Same here. I
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 12/3/20 11:21pm Msg #627083
Changing with the situation is pretty much all we can do. And yes, "life goes on" - except for the one person who now dies from COVID-19 every 30 seconds in this country... (I heard that yesterday and again today.) We're approaching the equivalent of a 9/11 death toll every day. And that doesn't yet reflect new infections that might have happened over Thanksgiving with all the travel and various types of gatherings. So it may get much worse through the rest of the winter.

I'm being very careful about who I work for and what assignments I take. I'm not working as much, but I make sure that what I do is worth it. We've been fortunate that the weather this week has been beautiful here, in the 70's, making outdoor signings still doable. However, our governor announced today that further restrictions may be coming (I don't have details yet), so I'm toying with cutting back even more, or taking another hiatus through the early part of next year, 'cause this weather won't last. Taking it day by day for now.

In my county (especially the southern part, where I live), the numbers have been pretty low compared to population, but I'm beginning to realize that instead of being an indicator of safety, it could just mean that the virus hasn't spiked here yet, like what we've seen in many central parts of the country. [Makes me wonder again why we haven't heard anything from CST in IA for quite a while...] Whether or not that ever happens here depends on how those who live here interpret that data and how they choose to behave. If people get Covid-19 fatigue and slack off, the risk could still skyrocket suddenly - at least until vaccines are widely distributed, which will likely be at least well into next year.

At least we now know that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, so we just have to make sure we do whatever is necessary, like Marilynn said, "using all precautions", to get through the next several months.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - Susan/CA on 12/3/20 10:24am
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - kcg on 12/3/20 10:44am
 Re: no signings because of COVID-19 increases - Jules on 12/3/20 10:47am
 Re: no signings because of COVID-19 increases -  Mike Goodey on 12/5/20 9:39pm
 I have not had this probelm with my clients, in fact - ananotary on 12/3/20 11:04am
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - Luckydog on 12/3/20 11:18am
 Same here. I'm continuing to work using all precautions, . -  MW/VA on 12/3/20 3:56pm
 Re: Same here. I -  JanetK_CA on 12/3/20 11:21pm
 Re: Same here. I - Luckydog on 12/4/20 5:37pm
 Re: Same here. I -  JanetK_CA on 12/7/20 3:15pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - NVLSlady/VA on 12/3/20 1:05pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - SteveS/CA on 12/3/20 9:16pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - Susan/CA on 12/3/20 10:56pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - KimmyMD on 12/4/20 4:38am
 I have raised my fees slightly, just to cover the additional -  MW/VA on 12/4/20 8:35am
 Indiana has 8,000 new cases today and 24.7% positivity rate - zetetic/IN on 12/4/20 1:03pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - Susan/CA on 12/4/20 3:30pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... - Katelyn Hart on 12/4/20 4:58pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... -  Amigoaz on 12/4/20 7:13pm
 Re: So now that Covid 19 is on a wild surge... Kudos!! -  JanetK_CA on 12/4/20 10:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.