Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized..
Posted by Katelyn Hart of PA on 1/15/21 2:33pm Msg #628546
.. in mid-December.

Two days ago they send me an email with a scanned copy of the original page (before it was "damaged"), with my stamp and signature, and a also blank copy of the same page. They want me to recreate the original and mail it back to them ASAP. They didn't offer any additional compensation for this task, which gave me a good chuckle because FedEx is a 20 minute drive each way and it was their mistake entirely.

I assumed that this was not permitted anyways, and I checked-in with the PA Association of Notaries (PAN) to confirm (which they did, said that this is not permitted) before responding back saying that I cannot fulfill this request BUT that I can make a trip back to the borrowers if they need me to. For a fee, of course.

Now I have several people from the title company and the signing company (who hired me for this assignment) emailing me, INSISTING that what they're asking me to do is legal because "This acknowledgement does not require the borrower's signature. I attached the acknowledgement done at closing for your review. We are asking for a duplicate of what you witnessed at that time."

I mean... this is definitely illegal, right? How should I respond to them? Should I even bother responding? This sucks because I'm pretty new and have gotten most of my assignments through this signing service, so if they give me the boot I'm not going to be in great shape. I also haven't been paid for this assignment yet...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - Katelyn Hart on 1/15/21 2:33pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - VT_Syrup on 1/15/21 3:18pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - jojo_MN on 1/15/21 4:38pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - Luckydog on 1/15/21 5:06pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - Katelyn Hart on 1/15/21 8:05pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - Luckydog on 1/16/21 1:54pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. -  JanetK_CA on 1/15/21 11:00pm
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page - NVLSlady/VA on 1/17/21 2:34pm
 I'm guessing they send the DOT off for recording without -  MW/VA on 1/16/21 8:21am
 Re: Title co "damaged" the last page of a mortgage I notarized.. - Art_FL on 1/16/21 8:29am
 DON'T DO IT! Do not be pressured. They know it's WRONG! n/m -  Ernest__CT on 1/16/21 8:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.