Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

First newbie post I actually enjoyed.
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 3/26/21 1:47pm Msg #630717
Welcome! Make sure you understand your State's notary laws very very well.
Work on your profile.
Get an EIN (don't divulge your SSN to companies requesting).
Get some business cards.
Create your expense sheet. Do P/L statement.
Do some general notary work.
READ here as much as you can.

See if you can work in tangent with the experienced notary (no, you can't trail along with her) and pass on work to each other. That way you may be able to do more work, while covering less ground. It has to be someone whom you trust (obviously). We don't go around sharing our prized direct clients; too hard to get and to keep. DON'T accept low fees just to break ground!! It will only get harder later.

Hopefully that makes sense. Wink

Many of us are semi-retired Or old Or run down Or burnt out ,etc. Lol
But still able to handle this career as a real BUSINESS.

Sounds like You can, too!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Tamara Stewart on 3/24/21 4:40pm
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Luckydog on 3/24/21 5:20pm
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Tamara Stewart on 3/25/21 6:03pm
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Luckydog on 3/26/21 11:50am
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Tamara Stewart on 3/28/21 11:39am
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/21 8:26pm
 Re: Old Nurse and Brand New Notary Signing Agent-tips and wisdom - Tamara Stewart on 3/25/21 6:11pm
 Welcome to NSA Land...it's no cake walk, nursing -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/25/21 10:56pm
 Re: Welcome to NSA Land...it - Tamara Stewart on 3/28/21 11:28am
 First newbie post I actually enjoyed. - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 1:47pm
 Re: First newbie post I actually enjoyed. - Luckydog on 3/26/21 4:21pm
 Networking is what I meant. - NVLSlady/VA on 3/26/21 4:58pm
 Re: Networking is what I meant. - Tamara Stewart on 3/28/21 11:33am
 Re: First newbie post I actually enjoyed. - Tamara Stewart on 3/28/21 11:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.