Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery)
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 4/26/21 2:10pm Msg #631676
So you feel my pain - and I knew "a few" of us around here in notary genie world would Wink. But I'm genuinely fresh out of miracles by EOM!

Here's how it started:
TC contacts me earlier in the week to check my availability for . . . (?) No scheduled closing date.
Uh, okay. Please get back to me when you know Date. A couple of days later she emails me that "as soon as lender tells me that he will send me the loan package, I will send you all the information." On Thurs I get eDocs from Title and T.A. wants me to schedule with signer for that same day. Not going to happen. I schedule with signer for Fri.

THAT MORNING TC calls as I'm heading out and wants to send new label. Sure, will disregard the other one. That was only a minor thing. Really, no problem.

Signer is DOD/Govt (ret. Army Col) and I cannot come to his office during day. He's 40 miles from my 1st signing that afternoon. Sometime during that interval of signings, TC sends me a 2nd message to revert back to original label and send package back to them instead!!! Anybody wanna scream???

I did what I could. Yes, I maybe could have stopped in someplace to print another label. I was traveling at the start of Rush Hour (anyone been on 66 after 3:30 on a Fri?) and had 2 packages to drop off that night. Stand up in a garage to sign; then, armed with the new ship label on my phone - which if FedEx had been e-friendly could have read digitally - I get to hub around 7:30 and have a "robust" interchange about the pre-printed label which I tried to change.* I opted to have them Return to 'Sender' or the TC (just like Brer Rabbit) since they said the couldn't accept; only I guess they decided to "show me" and hold the package after scanning it in that night as going back to their client. It didn't show up in their system as back in Alexandria until this morning.

I opened a case with them this morning after TC calls to "confirm that package was sent to them in Coral Gables, FL." Phone rep told me I would get a response in 24-48 hrs. Oh, no. I will get a response Now. So he escalated and a Sr. team member called facility while I was on the phone. They were going to hold that package (something about "FedEx express"- possibly snail mail for all I know). Unbelievable.

I notified my signer of the case and situation so he wouldn't think I didn't drop on time. I will not be discussing anything about the TC's wild antics; and I told them that since I couldn't reach anyone after hours Fri night, I made the call. Should have let go to 2nd notary (as per the label) and let them pay courier to pick up from Deerfield Beach! I told them that. They & the shipper made it ridiculously hard.

*Not acceptable, I know since the address was already a part of that scanned origination code.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) - NVLSlady/VA on 4/26/21 10:12am
 Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) - Luckydog on 4/26/21 11:50am
 Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) - NVLSlady/VA on 4/26/21 2:10pm
 Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) - Luckydog on 4/26/21 4:19pm
 Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) -  JanetK_CA on 4/26/21 11:56pm
 Re: My FedEx Headache (Lesson about Manage Delivery) - NVLSlady/VA on 4/27/21 11:12am
 Re: Lucky FedEx Headache Next time turn envelope inside out n/m - Heather Reinhold on 4/26/21 4:29pm
 Re: Lucky FedEx turn envelope inside out if polypak n/m - Heather Reinhold on 4/26/21 4:30pm
 I use card board envelopes - Luckydog on 4/26/21 4:52pm
 Re: I use card board envelopes n/m - jnew on 4/27/21 9:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.