Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 5/1/21 7:55pm Msg #631817
That is true, Janet. Then again, there is also the fact that the person calling may not want to pay the fee quoted and they would effectively refuse the job without us having to refuse.

That said, as far as the situation described in the OP, would you refuse the request (or anything else that would effectively do the same from your side) or would you treat it as any other GNW, such as a POA request? It is the actual desire to refuse the request that I am trying to understand.

I guess I am not seeing the issues that others who would refuse it seem to be seeing. That could also be because after Harvey, FEMA began requiring notarized paperwork for people seeking help. For the most part, this was not a normal requirement for FEMA assistance prior. We have had so many storms and flooding issues since then that, to me, it seems that the request described in the OP and a request to notarize for FEMA documentation are about the same in nature (i.e. people seeking help from the government needing something notarized).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - Ellen The Notary on 5/1/21 10:15am
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/1/21 10:21am
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - Moneyman/TX on 5/1/21 10:47am
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance -  JanetK_CA on 5/1/21 2:04pm
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - Moneyman/TX on 5/1/21 7:55pm
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/2/21 9:27am
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - MikeC/TX on 5/1/21 10:55pm
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - ananotary on 5/1/21 12:09pm
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - Luckydog on 5/1/21 1:15pm
 Re: Affidavits for Unemployment Insurance - Ellen The Notary on 5/2/21 10:37pm
 Are you in California or Oregon? n/m - Gavina Franklin on 5/3/21 11:01am
 Re: Are you in California or Oregon? - Ellen The Notary on 5/3/21 3:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.