Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 5/28/21 4:59pm Msg #632424
by the SOS to have E&O in CA.

However, I received the rush, urgent request to meet the broker from San Bernardino and the buyer investor here on the central coast.

Buyer already signed once when at the last minute broker drove up and printed documents at FEDEX. She did not know they don't notarize at FEDEX, so she backtracked to a UPS store with investor in tow, to get everything notarized. It took over an hour.

Once everything came back to escrow and lender, it was learned the UPS notary was not adequately insured to notarize these documents, and in a last minute scramble, I met with investor and broker to get these documents signed and notarized. Broker drove them back to OC title company so that there could be a successful funding this morning.

So yesterday in the signing I couldn't ask many questions about how all this went down and why on a holiday weekend, these folks had to hustle at the 13th hour to drive five hours up here, witness a qualified notary notarizing purchase documents, and hand carrying them back to OC escrow officer.

I only had time to print one set to sign and promised the investor I would return this morning with her copy of purchase documents for her records. That is when she told me this was the most frustrating and stressful investment she had ever made, and NEVER AGAIN.

So much for "go find your own notary". What a debacle! Anyway, I now have two new clients out of this last-minute frenzy.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/21 4:59pm
 Re: Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 - Philip Johnson on 5/28/21 5:46pm
 Re: Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/21 6:16pm
 Re: Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 - Carolyn Bodley on 5/29/21 12:49pm
 Re: Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 -  JanetK_CA on 5/29/21 4:20pm
 Re: Not all UPS notaries have E&O insurance as they R not reqd 2 - Carolyn Bodley on 5/29/21 6:55pm
 Unbeknownst to UPS notary, this was a foreclosure -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/29/21 12:13pm
 And this info is none of UPS notary's business nor should - Linda_H/FL on 5/29/21 1:18pm
 I have a question - E&O insurance is not required - Linda_H/FL on 5/29/21 1:17pm
 Re: I have a question - E&O insurance is not required -  Yoli/CA on 5/29/21 1:43pm
 True - but that's if you're acting as an NSA - Linda_H/FL on 5/29/21 1:55pm
 Exactly what happened. -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/29/21 2:07pm
 That's my point - if the UPS notary is duly commissioned - Linda_H/FL on 5/29/21 2:27pm
 Re: That -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/29/21 2:41pm
 Re: That -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/29/21 3:11pm
 Re: I have a question - E&O insurance is not required - MikeC/TX on 5/29/21 5:16pm
 Re: I have a question - E&O insurance is not required - pdl/cali on 5/29/21 6:57pm
 Re: IMO, a lot of who shot John - Carolyn Bodley on 5/30/21 10:17am
 I agree Linda - Luckydog on 6/2/21 12:58pm
 ?? - Luckydog on 5/29/21 7:56pm
 Re: ?? - Bear900/CA on 5/29/21 10:15pm
 So broker/trusteel barely spoke English -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/30/21 3:15pm
 Re: So broker/trusteel barely spoke English - Luckydog on 6/2/21 12:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.