Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Delta variant breakthrough infections
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/23/21 2:33pm Msg #633733
Agree. I think the key to look for is whether or not a study has been peer-reviewed. At least one recent study (might have been the one from Pfizer re: boosters, but I don't recall for sure) received criticism for not having been peer-reviewed before publicizing. (Naturally, they stand to make lots more money if boosters are needed. I'm glad the CDC is reserving judgment on that until there's more data.)

My thought at this stage is that no one yet knows for certain whether or not a person who's been vaccinated can still pass the virus on to others. That's probably a very difficult thing to test under standards usually applied to medical studies. My suspicion, though, is that if people can still get infected - even if asymptomatic or with just a mild case - they probably have enough viral load to pass it on to someone else, however unlikely. The closer or more sustained the contact, the greater the chance.

So the amount of viral load, in the surrounding air and even within the body of an infected person, apparently greatly influences chances of infection and maybe even how ill a person gets from it (although I doubt it's quite that simple). I've heard the Delta variant produces a dramatically higher viral load than previous versions, making it so much more contagious. Clearly, that's where masking can make a big difference.

I'm sure we'll continue to learn more and more as time goes on.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 We're masking indoors again. -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/22/21 6:57am
 Delta variant breakthrough infections -  Teresa/FL on 7/22/21 3:34pm
 Re: Delta variant breakthrough infections - Philip Johnson on 7/23/21 12:32pm
 Re: Delta variant breakthrough infections -  Teresa/FL on 7/23/21 2:01pm
 Re: Delta variant breakthrough infections -  JanetK_CA on 7/23/21 2:33pm
 Very interesting Phillip, could you please provide a source? - sigtogo/OR on 7/23/21 10:52pm
 Re:Masking - kcg on 7/23/21 7:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.