Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

The role of a SS
Posted by Cheryl/SC of SC on 7/24/21 1:42am Msg #633745
It's been a long week so forgive me for ranting, but I just left a point-blank message on a SS voicemail about the signing I am about to do in the morning. I would like some clarification on what should be expected from the SS company. Is it just to get the appointment scheduled with Notary and send/upload the documents along with generic title/lender instructions? Here is my issue:
Declined an $85 refi with scan backs for Saturday and countered with $125. So, I was pleased that I got the order. All communication has been automated and noted cannot be added to portal. Can't seem to get a call back, or a reply to email, hence the "you can count on this being the last signing I will do for you" voicemail. What I should've done was give feedback.
This signing is for MD Property, VA loan, Trust signing. I looked for additional instructions, but there was just generic PennyMac instructions provided.
Feedback: The signing service should have provided additional instructions on the 2 extra attachments that were uploaded. The first attachment included updated CD (based on time/date stamp), PUD (Note: PUD did not have signatories as shown on the DOT and VA Rider), and an additional URLA 1003. The second attachment was updated ALTA which matched the additional attached CD. Were these to replace documents in the 183 page package? The PUD was not in the Loan package, so that was self explanatory; however it was not proofed to see that it matched the DOT/Riders. The CD and ALTA in the package did not balance, but I would not assume they were to be replaced with the updated ones.
Also, there were no instructions on how borrowers were to sign, with or without Trust verbiage. Signatory lines have name, as trustee of the abc trust, dated xyz. Except for the added PUD.

So, I have chirps from the SS company and likely nobody to contact at title early Saturday morning. Is it wrong to think that the SS should be eyeballing the documents, providing support, maybe even having a clue as to what is being sent out to the Notary? Or, are they simply just a middleman who takes half the fee, if not more as in this case. What kills me is the original offer of $85 for a 210 page package with full scan backs! Oh, I did add that they should be ashamed of themselves for even putting that out as an original offer. Probably, should have left that out of my voicemail.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The role of a SS - Cheryl/SC on 7/24/21 1:42am
 Re: The role of a SS -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/24/21 8:15am
 Many SS are a PIA. They often just handle scheduling, and -  MW/VA on 7/24/21 9:15am
 MW/VA - telephone presence is acceptable n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/24/21 9:29am
 Re: MW/VA - telephone presence is acceptable - Carolyn Bodley on 7/24/21 1:15pm
 Here's a state-by-state guidance ... -  Yoli/CA on 7/24/21 1:57pm
 From what I've read here and elsewhere I thought - Linda_H/FL on 7/24/21 2:25pm
 I've done some signing for SC properties here in VA. An -  MW/VA on 7/24/21 2:36pm
 SS is not the title company or lender - Luckydog on 7/24/21 3:18pm
 Re: The role of a SS -  JanetK_CA on 7/24/21 3:36pm
 Re: The role of a SS - Keisha1973 on 7/25/21 10:51pm
 Re: The role of a SS - Luckydog on 7/26/21 12:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.