Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

SS is not the title company or lender
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 7/24/21 3:18pm Msg #633759
A SS just assigns the closing to a notary. They do not send you documents, they do not answer title or lender questions BUT can call them for you if you want. Some don't, some insist on it. They are a middle man.

All of those issues you have should have gone with an email to the LO, the title company and CC the SS.
That loan package was a hot mess and should have been stopped when missing names or numbers not adding up.

The Updated ALTA that matched the CD is the one you were supposed to use. Those bottom-line numbers should always match if they balance.

Saturday closings or late night you are on your own. Sometimes a good idea to download and skim it over before everyone leaves. Was there an after-hour number?

It's not your fault at all. With that many pages, it's bound something was wrong here and just kept adding in stuff and not removing anything.
Sometimes what I have done and angry enough at their package is to put the package in order the way it should be, ( CD, note, mortgage, 1003, RTC, tax form...title docs clipped separately ...then the rest clipped separately of repeats or wrong information) . It sends a message you know what you are doing and they do not.

As far as the "Trustee" or just signing, your call. I probably would have added the "Trustee" behind if stated, and the other docs just normal. You have to look it up for your state or do what you normally would do. Years ago we did the ""trustee" behind, later years it's not required. Sometimes though better to over sign than under sign.

I am sorry that happened, but to answer, yes, the SS has nothing much to do with it BUT should be there no matter what hour of the day. They have a closing, assign it to you and collect a middleman fee. Some are very nice and will assist you because they are truly wanting to help...other don't care. ((hugs))
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The role of a SS - Cheryl/SC on 7/24/21 1:42am
 Re: The role of a SS -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/24/21 8:15am
 Many SS are a PIA. They often just handle scheduling, and -  MW/VA on 7/24/21 9:15am
 MW/VA - telephone presence is acceptable n/m - Linda_H/FL on 7/24/21 9:29am
 Re: MW/VA - telephone presence is acceptable - Carolyn Bodley on 7/24/21 1:15pm
 Here's a state-by-state guidance ... -  Yoli/CA on 7/24/21 1:57pm
 From what I've read here and elsewhere I thought - Linda_H/FL on 7/24/21 2:25pm
 I've done some signing for SC properties here in VA. An -  MW/VA on 7/24/21 2:36pm
 SS is not the title company or lender - Luckydog on 7/24/21 3:18pm
 Re: The role of a SS -  JanetK_CA on 7/24/21 3:36pm
 Re: The role of a SS - Keisha1973 on 7/25/21 10:51pm
 Re: The role of a SS - Luckydog on 7/26/21 12:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.