Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

How long can I expect to be out of commission
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 8/3/21 2:25pm Msg #634024
Other then how much time to take off work, if you wish more specifics we can discuss in leisure.

In the meantime, just some brief observations. Obviously not all people are vaccinated including some hospital personnel and now we're spiking with the Delta variant. You have the right to ask their stance and status if that is important to you.

You can arrange in advance your in-home therapy to make sure someone will come into your home. If you don't care for them, say so and get a new one. Their job is to get to know you and push you the best they can. I told them up-front and bluntly to not go easy on me. Scar tissue takes hold faster then you can imagine and combined with inflammation is your worst enemy. Get a good ice machine and a good anti-inflammatory regimen.

Though I was able to stay overnight after each surgery there is also an out-patient option. While not over-thinking the surgery you don't want to minimize the mass invasion of the largest joint in your body. The bottom of your femur is cut and shaved. The top of your tibia is likewise cut and appliances are attached to each. Welcome to Geppetto's Workshop. (literally!) Your life will turn into a repeat of icing and working out.

Consider all possibilities when you plan how much time to take off work. If both knees are bad (as were mine) when you start walking on your good knee, the other one may quickly go bad and hold you back. That happened to me. So I was off for many months even though the first replacement was a quick success. Things happen. Plan in advance.

Be in, or get in the best shape and health you possibly can prior to surgery. Your recovery can be delayed for months if you have complications. There is a host of information online and a number of good surgeons and therapists on YouTube to get ideas on what to do pre and post surgery.

http://baptisthealth.net/baptist-health-news/hip-knee-replacement-surgery-during-covid-dont-wait-in-pain/

“We’ve really been encouraging patients to use our outpatient joint replacement program, where they can go home the same day. They can often leave within eight to ten hours of arriving at the hospital, therefore being able to sleep in their own beds, eat their own food and be with their family members.”
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Knee surgery, how long can I expect to be out of commission - IAC on 8/2/21 1:59pm
 I haven't personally had knee surgery, but know several -  MW/VA on 8/2/21 2:06pm
 Re: I haven - MikeC/TX on 8/2/21 4:48pm
 Re: I haven - IAC on 8/2/21 5:23pm
 Re: Depends. Are you having total knee replacement? Scope? - Carolyn Bodley on 8/2/21 6:15pm
 Re: Knee surgery, how long can I expect to be out of commission - Bear900/CA on 8/3/21 10:41am
 Re: Sorry. Had only read caption before posting n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 8/3/21 1:01pm
 How long can I expect to be out of commission - Bear900/CA on 8/3/21 2:25pm
 Re: Knee surgery, how long can I expect to be out of commission - Luckydog on 8/3/21 7:50pm
 Also, if it's the right leg you won't be able to drive. n/m -  MW/VA on 8/4/21 10:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.