Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Also my policy to not take pictures, either.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/1/23 6:12pm Msg #645009
I feel the same way and just had that decision reaffirmed to me last month by a guy who's business is buying income properties. He didn't want to make a copy of his ID, but fortunately had already emailed a copy to title. (I didn't comment on my belief that emailing is also risky - perhaps more so.) He's been through identity theft before, and as I've long suspected, he commented on remembering that a notary he'd dealt with had made a copy of his ID. (And he's not the first I've met with who has had a similar experience.)

If people aren't willing to make a hard copy to be returned with the signed docs, I let them know it's my policy to not have copies of people's IDs on any of my devices. I'm always happy to put them in direct contact with the title co, if they aren't already. I haven't had any push-back on that policy that I can recall, either from borrowers or title companies.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question for CA notaries: -  Teresa/FL on 3/24/23 6:04pm
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/23 6:44pm
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  Teresa/FL on 3/24/23 8:03pm
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  JanetK_CA on 3/24/23 11:54pm
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/27/23 10:05am
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  Teresa/FL on 3/27/23 11:34am
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/27/23 12:11pm
 Re: Question for CA notaries: -  Expeditor on 3/31/23 4:15pm
 Re: I don't take pictures of IDs -  Teresa/FL on 3/31/23 6:17pm
 Also my policy to not take pictures, either. -  JanetK_CA on 4/1/23 6:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.