Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Trump in Ohio
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/7/19 7:04pm Msg #72742
Just to be fair, Biden was talking about making the effort to find a cure - directing Federal dollars to find a cure.

Trump was just making it up to please the crowd - he has CUT funding for cancer research and AIDS research, so how can we find a cure when we don't have the resources? Which is fairer - a statement that we will find a cure WITH the resources that are needed (Biden), or an empty statement that we're about to do that when the research has been shut down (Trump)?

I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma - a currently incurable cancer of the bone marrow - 12 years ago. I was told at the time that the median survival rate was 5 years, so I'm a bit beyond my expected expiration date. I've gone through a lot of expensive chemo to get to the point where I'm now in a sort of remission and the doctors just need to monitor my condition.

Before I left NY and moved to TX, my oncologist told me that she was sure we would find a cure for this cancer "in our lifetime". My immediate response to her was, "Whose lifetime - yours or mine?" It was meant as a joke.

Fast forward to Donald Trump's America, 7 years later. It's not a joke anymore. His administration is not doing ANYTHING to find a cure for cancer - they've stopped funding the research. But he says he's going to cure it, and the MAGAts cheer, because they will believe whatever he tells them.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here and wondering if somehow, somewhere, somebody will find a cure or a better treatment for what is eventually going to kill me. That's my reality, and it's not a pleasant one to have. The solution is not going to come from Trump's America - that version of America no longer cares about what its citizens need.

Your hero is a narcissistic sociopath who cares only about one thing - himself. I don't matter to him and neither do you. The sad part is that you haven't figured that out yet.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/2/19 7:32pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - HisHughness on 8/3/19 8:12pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - shooterclay on 8/5/19 7:54pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - HisHughness on 8/5/19 10:19pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/7/19 7:04pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - shooterclay on 8/7/19 10:14pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 5:46pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - bagger on 8/8/19 8:00am
 Re: Trump in Ohio - HisHughness on 8/8/19 3:09pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - bagger on 8/10/19 1:32pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 6:21pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - shooterclay on 8/7/19 10:11pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - bagger on 8/8/19 8:02am
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 7:05pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - bagger on 8/10/19 9:23am
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/15/19 7:01pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - bagger on 8/16/19 6:17pm
 Re: Trump in Ohio - MikeC/TX on 8/17/19 6:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.