Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages?
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/26/19 2:15am Msg #72816
I happen to speak English on a daily basis. Over my lifetime, I have even educated myself to the point that I not only speak it, but I am also able to comprehend what others say and even what they mean when they use the written form on Twitter. It is simple, use proper context when reading and read exactly what they wrote.

If I happen to know which one of the 4 personality traits is the dominate trait of said speaker/writer that is helpful to determine if the person is just having difficulty conveying their thoughts or if they are just an ass with a limited vocabulary & limited understanding of the subject they are discussing at the moment. (aimed at politicians regardless of party)

I support President Trump in several areas, I also disagree with him and do not support him in probably just as many other areas.

There are times that I happen to agree with his intentions & overall goals on certain issues. However, his lack of tact, lack of seemingly even the basic ability to empathize with others at times, limited vocabulary, lack of class or at times even common sense, and lack of a true understanding of the various aspects of the job he holds (both those expressly stated in the Constitution as well as the unwritten ones that are inherent to the job itself) make it difficult to even express my support of his intentions or goals.

I think that sadder than seeing FOX become the blind mouthpiece for Trump, just as MSNBC became for Obama and the DNC, is probably seeing people who claim to be conservative becoming just as pretzel twisted in their defense of Trump 100% of the time with their "what he meant was ..." or "what he was saying was ..." as Democrats/liberals/supporters did when Obama was in office.

PSA: IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO CRITICIZE ANY PRESIDENT/POLITICIAN WHEN COMMON SENSE AND INTELLECTUAL HONESTY CALL FOR IT WHILE STILL BEING ABLE TO SUPPORT THEM OVER ANOTHER CANDIDATE.

At some point, someone needs to stop being just a "yes" man in Trump's inner circle and be what he needs, someone who can tell him to just stop (tweeting, going off on tangents, saying batsh*t crazy things, etc.) and allow the people he hired to do their jobs without him undercutting them just because it has been 14 minutes since anyone has mentioned his name on TV or the radio. Personally, I believe that could also go for his blind supporters as well as the same version of blind opposer who is unwilling to acknowledge anything positive he, or Republicans, do. jmo

Richard, with Trump's personality, you and I both know he said exactly what he meant to say. I believe that in that moment, he actually believed he had the power to "order" private companies to what he wants. It does appear that since that time someone has actually been able to educate him on at least some of the limitations of his office in that area.

Now to tick off the other side, at times I find it incredible that we, as a country, allowed ourselves to get to the point in our politics that 1) We were left with the two choices we had last election, and 2) Even though he is narcissistic with the attention span of a 5 year old, I still say he was the best choice for the country. As long as people in the country believe that anyone who has a different political opinion than themselves is insane and are the enemy, I fear that we will continue to end up with the level of politicians that we deserve. If we don't hold our elected officials accountable, regardless of if we voted for them or not, then we should just go find more candy crush games to play instead of complaining about what gov't is/is not doing for or to us. again, jmo Smile
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 What's this called? - MikeC/TX on 8/23/19 5:18pm
 Re: What - bagger on 8/24/19 7:38am
 Re: What - MikeC/TX on 8/24/19 4:23pm
 I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages? - Moneyman/TX on 8/26/19 2:15am
 Re: I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages? - MikeC/TX on 8/27/19 6:32pm
 Donald Trump interview with Dave Letterman, 2012 - MikeC/TX on 8/24/19 4:28pm
 Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike n/m - Moneyman/TX on 8/26/19 10:21am
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 8/29/19 9:08pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 8/30/19 8:11pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 8/31/19 1:23pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 8/31/19 5:25pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 9/2/19 7:35pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 9/3/19 6:33pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 9/3/19 7:36pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 9/4/19 3:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.