Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/27/19 6:32pm Msg #72822
"I think that sadder than seeing FOX become the blind mouthpiece for Trump, just as MSNBC became for Obama and the DNC, is probably seeing people who claim to be conservative becoming just as pretzel twisted in their defense of Trump 100% of the time with their "what he meant was ..." or "what he was saying was ...""

One of the dubious selling points his supporters pushed when he was running in 2016 was that he was a straight-talker - "he says what he means and means what he says". So why is someone always trying to explain what he really means when he says something that sounds bizarre or causes a problem? No, just no - you can't have it both ways. Words matter and anyone in the public spotlight knows that. The excuse that he's not a politician is meaningless - Trump has been talking to the press for 40 years, at one point pretending to be his own PR person in order to get his name in the NY papers. He knows the power of the press, knows how to manipulate it, and knows EXACTLY what he's saying when he says it. The lies he tells are calculated lies, and he retells them because he knows people will start believing him. I'm sure there are supporters who believe that China is paying the tariffs, or that the Wall is being built, or that windmills cause cancer and devalue your property, or that "clean coal" is an actual thing or any of the other thousands of lies he's told in the past 2-1/2 years. I just don't buy the "what he really meant was" nonsense.

"At some point, someone needs to stop being just a "yes" man in Trump's inner circle and be what he needs, someone who can tell him to just stop (tweeting, going off on tangents, saying batsh*t crazy things, etc.) and allow the people he hired to do their jobs without him undercutting them just because it has been 14 minutes since anyone has mentioned his name on TV or the radio."

Unfortunately, there is no one who can do that - all the adults have left the building. He does and says what he wants to do and say. He famously told us that he only hires the best people. What's the point of hiring the best people if you're not going to listen to them or let them do their jobs? I'm sure that's why people like Cohn, Tillerson, Priebus, Mattis, etc. left - he wouldn't listen to them.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 What's this called? - MikeC/TX on 8/23/19 5:18pm
 Re: What - bagger on 8/24/19 7:38am
 Re: What - MikeC/TX on 8/24/19 4:23pm
 I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages? - Moneyman/TX on 8/26/19 2:15am
 Re: I thought it was his wife who knows 6 different languages? - MikeC/TX on 8/27/19 6:32pm
 Donald Trump interview with Dave Letterman, 2012 - MikeC/TX on 8/24/19 4:28pm
 Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike n/m - Moneyman/TX on 8/26/19 10:21am
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 8/29/19 9:08pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 8/30/19 8:11pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 8/31/19 1:23pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 8/31/19 5:25pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 9/2/19 7:35pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 9/3/19 6:33pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - shooterclay on 9/3/19 7:36pm
 Re: Support/Oppose him IDC, That is funny! Thanks Mike - MikeC/TX on 9/4/19 3:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.