Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/5/21 1:02am Msg #78315
We have something similar here in TX - I have to supply my ID information before I can even get the mail-in ballot.

I'm looking at the mail-in ballot for next month's local elections as I type this - the ballot is not signed, and goes into what's called a carrier envelope that has no identifying info on it. That goes into a mailing envelope that identifies me, and I have to seal THAT envelope and sign the back of it in such a way that my signature crosses over the seal, which is not as easy to do as it sounds.

When the ballot gets to the elections clerk, they scan the envelope to identify me, check my signature, and remove the carrier envelope that contains my ballot. At that point, they know that I voted but don't know who I voted for.

Voting by mail is not as easy as some folks would have you believe...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 12:50pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim -  JanetK_CA on 4/1/21 9:38pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/2/21 7:19pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Linda_H/FL on 4/4/21 5:18pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/5/21 1:02am
 The ID info will be hidden - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:56am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:45am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/6/21 5:31pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 8:24am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:27am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/6/21 5:37pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 8:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.