Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Let us see who blinks
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/7/21 6:41pm Msg #78841
"If someone asks you if you are vaccinated, you do not have to answer it as personal and a medical question. That also should not mean being excluded from something because you failed to answer a question. It's your right."

You really should do some basic research on HIPAA, because it doesn't say what you seem to think it says. Beyond that, it's THEIR right to refuse you access or service if you refuse to answer the question and/or provide proof. There is NOTHING in existing law that supports what you are saying, and your idiot governor is going to have his law overturned in court - the government cannot tell a private business who it can and cannot serve other than preventing them from discriminating on the basis of sex, race, religion, etc.

"Do you need a flu shot? That is also a vaccine and the flu kills more people throughout history than COVID, but nobody is giving ultimatums "get the flu shot or else".. Flu shots are optional just like hundreds of others. I am pro-vaccine and in favor of opening up the economy, vaccine or no vaccine. Ou country is in horrible shape because some states drag their feet and don't want to open up. It's ridiculous"

This is a false equivalence. For one thing, you're comparing the flu over many years with Covid, which has existed for a little over one year. Let's compare apples with apples. Here's a fact for you to chew on - over 500,000 Americans died from Covid in the past year; over the past DECADE, an average of 61,000 have died from flu each year. Based on those numbers, which do you think is more deadly? And why do you think businesses would be more focused on one rather than the other?

You've been vaccinated, and so have I. I still wear a mask when I'm out shopping. I think some states, such as yours (and mine) are throwing open the gates too soon. The Covid infection and death rates have dropped here in the US, but people are still dying every day from Covid. And the overwhelming number of those who are dying have not been vaccinated, So what does this tell us? 1) Get vaccinated, and 2) stay away from those who refuse to.

Screw throwing open the economy - there are still human lives at risk, and if these idiots refuse to protect themselves and others, people are going to continue to die for no reason other than stupidity. The cruise lines are perfectly within their rights to insist that all passengers be vaccinated, and your idiot governor is overstepping his authority by saying they can't do that. I know tourism is important to FL, but at what cost?

Add to that the fact that Covid is still rampant in other parts of the world - what do you think is going to happen when unvaccinated individuals start traveling around the world? It's not going to be pretty.

Oh, yeah - some countries have required a "vaccine passport" for years. Your "rights" (as you think they are) as an American citizen have absolutely no bearing on what other countries might demand.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Let us see who blinks - Bob_Chicago on 6/3/21 11:58am
 Re: Let us see who blinks - anotaryinva on 6/3/21 5:24pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Luckydog on 6/3/21 5:35pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks -  JanetK_CA on 6/3/21 10:07pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Luckydog on 6/4/21 10:23am
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Bob_Chicago on 6/5/21 2:31pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks....BINGO! - Linda_H/FL on 6/6/21 9:31am
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Luckydog on 6/7/21 12:47pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - MikeC/TX on 6/5/21 12:34am
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Carolyn Bodley on 6/4/21 9:26am
 Re: Let us see who blinks - MikeC/TX on 6/5/21 12:26am
 Abortion is about another life...... -  NJW/FL on 6/5/21 11:31am
 Re: Abortion is about another life...... - MikeC/TX on 6/7/21 5:51pm
 Re: Abortion is about another life...... - Luckydog on 6/7/21 7:10pm
 Nobody should have the right to deny life once it starts... - CH2inCA on 6/8/21 12:03pm
 Re: Nobody should have the right to deny life once it starts... - Luckydog on 6/8/21 8:22pm
 Nobody should have the right to decide what happens... -  JanetK_CA on 6/9/21 2:08am
 great explanation of the complexities of being pro-choice n/m - sigtogo/OR on 6/9/21 12:06pm
 Re: great explanation of the complexities of being pro-choice - bagger on 6/15/21 10:45am
 Re: great explanation of the complexities of being pro-choice - Luckydog on 6/15/21 3:17pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Luckydog on 6/5/21 2:25pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - MikeC/TX on 6/7/21 6:41pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Luckydog on 6/7/21 7:17pm
 Re: Let us see who blinks - Loren_Z on 6/10/21 9:03am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.