Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Why are we just learning about George Santos now???
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/28/22 9:59pm Msg #82190
I agree he has to go, but who's going to make him go? The Republicans are in charge of the House as of 1/3. and they need that seat - if he's booted, NY Gov. Hochul, a Democrat, will appoint a Democrat until a new election can be held.

I used to live in that district - part of it is in NYC, and the major part of it is on Long Island in Nassau County (where I lived). I just learned tonight that the Nassau County DA, who is a Republican, is launching an investigation into Santos and his lies. Here's a quote from what she said:

“The numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-Elect Santos are nothing short of stunning,” Nassau County District Attorney Anne Donnelly (R) said in a statement.

“The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the third district must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress. No one is above the law and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3791113-nassau-county-da-announced-probe-into-george-santos/

Will anything come of that? I have no idea, but it's refreshing to see that someone is ignoring party lines and trying to do what's right rather than what's politically expedient. Will anything come of it? I have no idea, but this DA has been around the block more than once or twice.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Why are we just learning about George Santos now??? - MikeC/TX on 12/28/22 5:25pm
 Re: Why are we just learning about George Santos now??? - PaigeTurner on 12/28/22 6:16pm
 Re: Why are we just learning about George Santos now??? - MikeC/TX on 12/28/22 9:59pm
 Update - MikeC/TX on 12/29/22 5:57pm
 Re: Update - PaigeTurner on 12/29/22 10:20pm
 At this time, can anythng really be done? - Moneyman/TX on 12/29/22 10:55am
 Re: At this time, can anythng really be done? -  JanetK_CA on 12/29/22 7:27pm
 Re: At this time, can anythng really be done? - MikeC/TX on 12/29/22 10:53pm
 Re: Why are we just learning about George Santos now??? - SC/CA on 12/29/22 6:04pm
 Re: Why are we just learning about George Santos now??? - MikeC/TX on 12/29/22 7:08pm
 Yet another update on Santos - MikeC/TX on 12/30/22 5:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.