Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: If the shoe fits
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/26/23 4:24am Msg #82366
As I heard it, the explanation is fairly simple. The attorneys who found the documents did not have the clearance to look at anything classified, so they stopped, contacted NARA, and arrangements were made to retrieve the documents the next day. I also heard that the DOJ(?) was informed and the delay in notification was at their request. To even know what they were dealing with, people with the proper clearances had to be found and assigned. I haven't taken the time to research that claim, but sometimes things just are what they are. I'm sure we'll find out eventually. Same thing for Pence.

As Mike said, the most significant differences we're all aware of (so far, although I haven't seen any indicators that might change) is the level of cooperation on the part of both Biden and Pence, as well as their intent. So far, we also have no information on what level of classification was involved with the documents found by those two.

There's also been lots of discussion about the volume of documents that get classified in this country. Those could include things such as travel schedules, which are classified for security of various parties. However, once a trip is over, there isn't much of a need for that info to continue to be classified. We don't know if any documents found fall into that type of category (in which case the exec in question may have been less concerned about including those pages with other things) or if they involve other issues of greater import. We all certainly hope not. But speculation without evidence just creates disinformation and perpetuates ignorance. We have way too much of that going around already!

As for the so-called dementia of Biden, it would be a simple matter to edit video of just about anyone (especially someone in their late 70's) regardless of how mentally competent they are, to make them look like they have dementia. Especially so for someone who has had an issue with stuttering. You're getting spin at its best, if you're getting your news from Fox cable news. I doubt they broadcast the times he's fielded questions from reporters or spoken off the cuff showing a clear mastery of the topic at hand.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 If the show fits -  Mike Goodey on 1/17/23 2:48pm
 Re: If the show fits -  Mike Goodey on 1/17/23 6:35pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - PaigeTurner on 1/18/23 11:13am
 Re: If the shoe fits - MikeC/TX on 1/18/23 4:26pm
 Re: If the shoe fits -  Mike Goodey on 1/18/23 7:48pm
 Re: If the shoe fits -  Yoli/CA on 1/19/23 3:54pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - MikeC/TX on 1/19/23 4:55pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - Amigoaz on 1/19/23 7:06pm
 Re: If the shoe fits (Re: Yoli) - Moneyman/TX on 1/20/23 7:33am
 Re: If the shoe fits (Re: Moneyman) -  Yoli/CA on 1/22/23 2:30pm
 Re: If the shoe fits (Re: Moneyman) - PaigeTurner on 1/24/23 3:39pm
 Re: If the shoe fits (Re: Moneyman) - Moneyman/TX on 1/26/23 6:06pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - MikeC/TX on 1/19/23 4:49pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - PaigeTurner on 1/19/23 3:27pm
 Re: If the shoe fits -  Mike Goodey on 1/19/23 6:37pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - MikeC/TX on 1/20/23 5:30pm
 Re: If the shoe fits - PaigeTurner on 1/21/23 1:44pm
 Re: If the shoe fits -  JanetK_CA on 1/26/23 4:24am
 Why has the fact that he "didn't know" about them NOT an ... - Moneyman/TX on 1/20/23 7:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.