Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: And another..or two
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/7/23 6:38pm Msg #82778
It's the gun. It's always the gun. There has NEVER been a mass shooting that didn't involve a gun, and almost all of those involved an AR-15 style weapon. Common sense tells you that it's a simple equation - remove the gun, and what are you left with? For one thing, more people still alive.

Not keeping the gun away from people who should not have it does not excuse the use of the gun, but we can't even get legislation to do that simple thing because the NRA is opposed to ANYTHING that will restrict the sale of guns and the politicians who should be protecting us don't want to lose NRA funding. And so we're stuck in an endless loop. Without the gun, the murders wouldn't have happened, but the politicians won't do anything to remove the gun because they want the NRA's money. And more children will die because of this.

It's ALWAYS the gun, and gun lovers keep trying to find excuses for why it's not. There is NO REASON that any civilian needs to own a weapon that was designed for military use. The difference between an AR-15 style rifle and those used in the military is that an AR-15 does not have an automatic mode - and that difference can be overcome with the use of a bump stock, as we learned in Las Vegas. The AR-15 was designed to kill people, period. And it does a very good job of it.

It's the gun. It's always been the gun, every single time. That will not change until we can eliminate the gun.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Florida joined 26 other states in Consitutional Carry - PaigeTurner on 4/4/23 8:14pm
 Re: Florida joined 26 other states in Consitutional Carry - Art_MD on 4/5/23 7:55am
 That's what I said - PaigeTurner on 4/5/23 9:28am
 Re: That what i said - Art_MD on 4/5/23 9:59am
 sort of - PaigeTurner on 4/5/23 1:28pm
 Re: Florida joined 26 other states in Consitutional Carry - MikeC/TX on 4/5/23 5:21pm
 Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - Linda_H/FL on 4/5/23 10:09pm
 Sorry...cut short - Linda_H/FL on 4/5/23 10:15pm
 Re: Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - PaigeTurner on 4/6/23 8:29am
 Re: Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - MikeC/TX on 4/6/23 7:07pm
 Nashville Tennessee where the cops went right in - Linda_H/FL on 4/6/23 10:57pm
 And another..or two - Linda_H/FL on 4/6/23 11:04pm
 Re: And another..or two - MikeC/TX on 4/7/23 6:38pm
 think about it - PaigeTurner on 4/24/23 2:54pm
 Re: Nashville Tennessee where the cops went right in - MikeC/TX on 4/7/23 6:05pm
 Re: Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - PaigeTurner on 4/7/23 1:50pm
 Re: Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - MikeC/TX on 4/7/23 6:51pm
 Re: Let me remind you of the parishioner in TX - PaigeTurner on 4/8/23 4:19pm
 Re: Florida joined 26 other states in Consitutional Carry - PaigeTurner on 4/6/23 8:32am
 Re: Gun Safety Basics - Not that simple - Amigoaz on 4/6/23 6:54pm
 Good golden rules - PaigeTurner on 4/7/23 1:55pm
 Forgot to add, great post! n/m - PaigeTurner on 4/7/23 1:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.