Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Pros and cons
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 9/3/18 11:27pm Msg #30556
http://stemcellarts.com/stem-cells-alternative-to-knee-replacement/

There are a number of alternative treatments including injections, therapy, and nutrition to fit the patient, budget, and the time span of cure, as nothing is permanent.

It's a tough decision and something I thought about for several years after observing my brother who had both knees replaced. Growing up...and as adults, we were just rough on our knees. Looking back I would have changed some of my aggressive work and life habits to prevent wear and tear. Some severe twisting accidents that tore the meniscus in each knee then worsened after meniscus surgery over a period of 12 years eventually took me down this road.

I feel it should be a last resort and I made my decision based on that. I'm nowhere near out of the woods as it actually takes a couple of years to be fully functional I'm told. That was another reason I wanted to get started early.

Will I regret it or will I love it in a couple of years I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of, I was bound for a wheelchair if I took lesser action.

The healing is progressing in spite of a slight sprain on my foot (same leg) so I'm overall happy in spite of the short term misery that's part of the journey. I also believe eating healthier from the garden is a big plus.

No matter what, life goes on. I have my loan work, a mother who's at the end of her life span, my wife who's juggling duties, and just keeping my spirits up while trying to recover. I am keeping busy. I have a purchase HECM I just quoted, my NMLS continuous education to complete this month, and just finished having a common fence installed with my neighbor, something I wish I could have done some of the work on.

Mostly, my routine is stretch, exercise, walk, elevate, ice, and repeat. I have faith I'm doing the right and best thing for myself, especially at my age and condition. Everyone considering knee replacements should look into and try alternative treatments first. I did.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Winter garden is in! - Bear900/CA on 9/2/18 9:46pm
 I know you've already gone through knee replacements, but -  MW/VA on 9/3/18 6:53pm
 Pros and cons - Bear900/CA on 9/3/18 11:27pm
 Hard of think of winter, since it's still in the 90's here. n/m -  MW/VA on 9/3/18 6:53pm
 Re: Hard of think of winter, since it -  Claudine Osborne on 9/3/18 8:16pm
 Re: Hard of think of winter, since it - Bear900/CA on 9/3/18 11:45pm
 Re: Hard of think of winter, since it -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/5/18 7:40am
 Re: Winter garden is in! - NVLSlady/VA on 9/5/18 9:11pm
 Re: lemon cukes and other stuff - Bear900/CA on 9/5/18 11:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.