Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I can see clearly now...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/28/19 6:25pm Msg #31099
Congratulations on the successful surgeries, and being able to see clealy again. My own experience with cataract surgery was that the renewed vibrancy of colors was nothing short of amazing - I didn't realize what I was missing, because the loss was so gradual.

What kind of lenses did you get implanted? Those have improved over the years as well. When I had the surgery done, at least 10 years ago, they weren't using lasers - it was still microsurgery. After discussing the options with the eye doctor, I went for monovision - one eye tuned for distance, the other tuned for middle-distance, and the need for readers for closeup vision. That worked out great, because although you have a strong eye and a weak eye, the brain balances it out, and my vision was 20/30.

Just keep in mind the possibility of getting a secondary cataract, or what is tecnically known as a PCO (posterior capsular opacification). It's not an actual cataract because your lenses are no longer organic, so nothing will grow on them. At some point, months or even years later, you may notice a dimming of the vision in one or both eyes. Just like the original cataract, it's subtle and occurs over time. I have one in my weaker eye, which I started to notice a couple of years ago. Because of other medical issues, including major surgery that affected my stronger eye and several minor surgeries since then, I wasn't able to get it taken care of right away. The good news is that a PCO can be corrected within minutes during an office visit - no additional surgery required, the doc just zaps you with a special laser. I'm hoping to get that done within the next couple of weeks, as soon as I can get an appointment, because it's starting to drive me crazy.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 I can see clearly now... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/27/19 10:36am
 I'm amazed by now many people I know that put if off--why?? -  MW/VA on 4/27/19 6:04pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... -  JanetK_CA on 4/27/19 11:19pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - HisHughness on 4/28/19 2:01pm
 I completely agree with the use of sunglasses (polarized). -  MW/VA on 4/28/19 2:55pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - MikeC/TX on 4/28/19 7:05pm
 Ocular melanoma is caused by UV sun exposure -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/3/19 7:46am
 Re: I can see clearly now... - MikeC/TX on 4/28/19 6:25pm
 Lenses and laser technology is fabulous for many -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/29/19 1:13pm
 So glad you're doing great with the eye surgery. Eyesight -  MW/VA on 4/30/19 8:54am
 I made the investment because my general health is great -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/1/19 10:58am
 Absolutely! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 5/1/19 4:40pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - NVLSlady/VA on 5/6/19 12:47pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... oops, s/b ;) - NVLSlady/VA on 5/6/19 12:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.