Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Hard to stay healthy
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/24/24 3:45pm Msg #36916
This winter was hard to get through. So many icy mornings that made it hard to walk. Day-light savings time killed the early light making it even harder. A couple of Sundays ago we managed to dodge the rain and get in three miles. It was fun and we just did our best not realizing how much we walked.

Winter also brings more cooking, comfort food and more sedentary indoor activities, err, non-activities. Not to worry if you maintain a lesser routine. Steadiness is key. Now is a good time to kick it up a notch though and get in shape for more warm-weather activity.

I know I'm not alone in discovering that as we get older, more attention goes to staying healthy, which requires a lot more work and effort than when younger. If we're still around we're blessed.

I talked to two of my closest friends recently and they both spent days in the hospital this winter, one with a heart-attack. They're both active and one walks with his wife two miles every day. Walking is not a cure though it has many benefits.

I would love to be their dietary coach. Diet and regular alcohol consumption are a couple of main differences I observe between us. It's hard to make life-style changes.

A younger close friend just came home from the hospital where he almost died from complications with chemo. He's slender and looks fit but has horrible eating habits and is diabetic as a result. We were the last ones to have him for dinner before he started chemo. He was trying hard to make a turn-about but like my friend with the heart-attack they don't get serious or informed until something drastic happens.

There are no solid answers other than putting our best foot forward. Hope all stay well!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/22/24 2:06pm
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - Bear900/CA on 3/23/24 1:11am
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/24/24 11:10am
 Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/24/24 3:45pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/25/24 2:39pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 12:59am
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/27/24 1:22pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 5:15pm
 Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/24 3:43am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - Bear900/CA on 3/28/24 10:28am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - SC/CA on 3/29/24 11:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.