Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Thanks for the laughs and inspiration!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/28/24 3:43am Msg #36935
I'd gotten off track last fall and through the holidays, but recently turned things around and am mostly back on course - at least what's "on course" for me. Wink I don't do nearly as well as it sounds like you both do, but the key is all about making progress from where we are.

SC/CA, kudos to you (and Bear) for getting out into nature when getting exercise! That's terrific, but can be challenging for some of us - especially on those cold and rainy days... For me, it rarely works because I'm too good at talking myself out of it or getting distracted. Wink One thing that HAS worked for me, though, that might be an option for others, is just pulling up a video on my laptop that takes me through some basic moves/steps I can do in my own living room. I usually go to this site on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leslie+sansone. It lists a variety of "Walk at Home" workouts.

I pick one depending on how much time I have or how much I think I can handle that day. Most have a few simple steps, usually with a warm-up and cool down, and a controlled pace. There's a variety available for different distances/lengths of time. I try to vary the one I use so I get different muscle groups activated, with a goal to gradually increase the duration and/or intensity. (One can subscribe or just pick from the options shared there, although there are some ads.) These are worth checking out for anyone looking for an easy way to get a bit more movement into their life, without having to have a gym membership or get out into the elements.

Bear, your link about the mountain lion mauling brought back an old memory. Shortly after the 2004 Whiting Ranch incident mentioned in the article, I had an evening signing in an area that backed up to the Whiting Ranch wilderness area. After we wrapped up, the husband insisted on walking me back to my car. I can't recall another time where that's happened - I'm fortunate to nearly always travel to safe areas - but I never expected it to be because of a mountain lion on the prowl nearby!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/22/24 2:06pm
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - Bear900/CA on 3/23/24 1:11am
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/24/24 11:10am
 Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/24/24 3:45pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/25/24 2:39pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 12:59am
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/27/24 1:22pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 5:15pm
 Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/24 3:43am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - Bear900/CA on 3/28/24 10:28am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - SC/CA on 3/29/24 11:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.