Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Hard to stay healthy
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 3/27/24 12:59am Msg #36927
Nice to hear you two are hanging in there. "I'll take it"...Great attitude! Smile

I like to say I only have good days and not so good days. Stole that from my father who used that as a reply when fighting cancer. He enjoyed teaching post-secondary adult education up to a year before he died. They were shocked to discover that he was wearing a chemo-pump. The local newspaper did a story on him and a bank provided a scholarship in his name for a while.

Great movie reference! I rember him jumping around tge audience when he received Oscar for best actor.

Home Despot now sells pre-made corner pieces to easily put together raised beds Leggo fashion. I made mine the old fashioned way and wish they had the pieces back then.

Hope you can get a garden going this year. I imagine greens and brassicas would grow well in
your area. As for bugs, we'll, they're always around. My first couple of years they were a plague. I tried many things but of all, I think attracting predator bugs worked best.

Now, it's the birds and an occasional gopher. Reflective tape attached to twine strung across the beds has solved the bird problem. I also purchased cloches to put over single leafy greens that are real targets for the birds. We love the birds, just not this time of year.

For others who would like to grow small and simple there are a lot of YouTube videos. Simple gardening is fun and has a lot of physical and mental health benefits.

"Planting a garden is to believe in tomorrow...."

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/22/24 2:06pm
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - Bear900/CA on 3/23/24 1:11am
 Re: Happy old dogs and small new tricks. - SC/CA on 3/24/24 11:10am
 Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/24/24 3:45pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/25/24 2:39pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 12:59am
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - SC/CA on 3/27/24 1:22pm
 Re: Hard to stay healthy - Bear900/CA on 3/27/24 5:15pm
 Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! -  JanetK_CA on 3/28/24 3:43am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - Bear900/CA on 3/28/24 10:28am
 Re: Thanks for the laughs and inspiration! - SC/CA on 3/29/24 11:01am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.