Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: what would you do?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/22/14 7:56pm Msg #513915
I think they got a deal for $200 for that much time, effort and expense on your part. That $50 is coming right off your profit for the assignment. I can't think of any other business that can get away with telling a contractor after the fact that someone else made an accounting mistake, so they're going to have to reduce their fee by 25% to fix it...

The lender may have their hands tied in terms of the variances they have to maintain between the HUD and the GFE, but it seems to me that it was the settlement agent who was in a position to have dealt with this issue up front and should take some, if not all, of the responsibility. (Unless the lender's HUD was different from the initial disclosures and the lender gave escrow bad info.) But as was alluded to above, "stuff" rolls downhill, and they probably don't want to antagonize their client. So they're using the same tactics with you that the lender used with them.

Only other thing I can think of if they won't budge on honoring your agreement - and if they're such a good client that you don't want to lose them - is to suggest that you split the difference, in the interest of good will, and see if they'll go along with that. Then you may want to get to work on finding a replacement for them, since you now know how much they will have your back if/when a problem arises again...

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 what would you do? - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 5:22pm
 Your agreement is with Escrow -  Teresa/FL on 8/22/14 5:40pm
 yes, I have thought - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 6:05pm
 Dear Twisted Panties -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/22/14 6:26pm
 Re: what would you do? - Luckydog on 8/22/14 6:31pm
 Re: what would you do? -  JanetK_CA on 8/22/14 7:56pm
 well I have untwisted - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 8:37pm
 Re: well I have untwisted - LKT/CA on 8/22/14 8:43pm
 Too bad that notaries always take it in the shorts -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/23/14 8:28am
 I smell a SCAM!!! - LKT/CA on 8/22/14 8:27pm
 moving on to some binge.... - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 9:07pm
 Re: moving on to some binge.... -  Linda_H/FL on 8/22/14 9:13pm
 yes, I will make it - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 9:26pm
 We feel your pain - BearPaw/CO on 8/22/14 11:47pm
 Wondering how they got HUD approval and a -  Linda_H/FL on 8/23/14 7:54am
 None of the above - LKT/CA on 8/23/14 8:58am
 HELLO?? Lender approves the HUD. PERIOD!! I would not give -  sigtogo/OR on 8/23/14 9:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.