Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

We feel your pain
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 8/22/14 11:47pm Msg #513944
I totally agree with Linda H's .02 cents. I have to add, tho, that I've never seen such a brouhaha over a lousy $50. And I would be soooo tempted to cut the conversation short by saying, so sorry, you agreed to $200 and if the loan doesn't fund, can't help you out. Bye Bye. (LOL.)

Of course, you'd never say that to one of your best clients and, of course, you'd never get paid a dime if it didn't fund. But I bet a huge bunch of $$ the loan will/would fund with or without all the surrounding hysteria over $50. You think the lender/LO is going to lose a commission as well as thousands of $$ in other fees *and* infuriate the borrower over a crummy $50? Not to mention the fact the Realtors are breathing down their neck. That $50 difference that is allegedly holding up the entire show can be adjusted somewhere else in the HUD, either on the lender's part, or even escrow's part. I would think that there is latitude in several areas on the HUD as compared to the initial disclosures to make up a measly $50.

Anyway, sounds like you're coping the best you can amid all this hoopla and probably are doing what most of us would be forced to do under the circumstances. You say your escrow contact is all broken up about this ... I'm not so sure. She's already eaten up way more than $50 in staff time trying to make the lender eat this so she won't be on the hook for dipping into office petty cash to pay your $50. Sigh. I would definitely follow Linda's caution about avoiding getting yourself in this position again, now that you know what to look out for.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 what would you do? - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 5:22pm
 Your agreement is with Escrow -  Teresa/FL on 8/22/14 5:40pm
 yes, I have thought - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 6:05pm
 Dear Twisted Panties -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/22/14 6:26pm
 Re: what would you do? - Luckydog on 8/22/14 6:31pm
 Re: what would you do? -  JanetK_CA on 8/22/14 7:56pm
 well I have untwisted - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 8:37pm
 Re: well I have untwisted - LKT/CA on 8/22/14 8:43pm
 Too bad that notaries always take it in the shorts -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/23/14 8:28am
 I smell a SCAM!!! - LKT/CA on 8/22/14 8:27pm
 moving on to some binge.... - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 9:07pm
 Re: moving on to some binge.... -  Linda_H/FL on 8/22/14 9:13pm
 yes, I will make it - notarydi/CA on 8/22/14 9:26pm
 We feel your pain - BearPaw/CO on 8/22/14 11:47pm
 Wondering how they got HUD approval and a -  Linda_H/FL on 8/23/14 7:54am
 None of the above - LKT/CA on 8/23/14 8:58am
 HELLO?? Lender approves the HUD. PERIOD!! I would not give -  sigtogo/OR on 8/23/14 9:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.