Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: GNW Bombed yesterday
Posted by  Claudine Osborne of OH on 4/19/15 9:24pm Msg #529347
GNW in a nursing home last week. Sister calls me to set up a Notary for a POA. I asked all the usual questions, is she aware, lucid, coherent, does she have an ID?
Sister states yes the sister was fine and good to go. I gave her my fee and said that was fine and I would be paid.

When I arrived at the nursing home the client did not have her ID with her! I cannot notarize without an ID. No credible witnesses. Her friend that was with her had my phone number and she was quite rude and said "I could have called you to let you know she didn't have an ID, but I got lazy" This friend could have let me know and I would not have made the trip. Luckily I was in the area anyways. The friend asks me if I would charge for the trip?
If it wasn't for the friends attitude I may have charged half of my fee but I didn't.

This sister calls me later that evening apologizing profusely and wanted my address to send me more money! I assured her that it wasn't necessary.

A few days goes by and the sister calls me again to have me come to the nursing home! This time all went well and I charged my fee again! These trips to the nursing homes etc. are always iffy.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 GNW Bombed yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 9:06am
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday - Karla/OR on 4/19/15 3:56pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/19/15 5:13pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday -  Claudine Osborne on 4/19/15 9:24pm
 Re: GNW Bombed yesterday - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:51am
 Yes, Claudine, many GNW clients for nursing home settings -  Christine/OK on 4/20/15 7:11am
 Re: Yes, Claudine, many GNW clients for nursing home settings -  JanetK_CA on 4/20/15 10:08pm
 Absolutely, Janet, its' part of scheduling their appointment -  Christine/OK on 4/21/15 7:22am
 It's early . . . "its" should have been it's :D n/m -  Christine/OK on 4/21/15 7:24am
 So agree with you! n/m - Karla/OR on 4/20/15 1:55am
 Re: So agree with you! -  Claudine Osborne on 4/20/15 9:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.