Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead?
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 3/19/17 9:07am Msg #572183
It will be 12 years for me FT Charlie, and it's a rollercoaster. I started out doing $100.00 closing , and still have only been getting $100.00 loan closings with a few higher sprinkled in here and there with the few $95.00, out of desperation ones. I went from my hay day doing 3-4 closings per day down to about 8 per month, keeping my pricing integrity in-tacked. I do a great job, I am on time, I go the extra mile, so I know it is not me. I think it all has to do with the area and how saturated it is with newbies who consider $50.00 lender closings as their education and getting experience. It's killing us. I have to admit, I am pretty cheap on advertising, and only have one paid membership for closings and it's not here nor the numbers sight. I am just not making the money to do it to warrant it. I feel that the market is just down as well, and my regulars will always use me when they have something in my area, which they do.
I have some really optimistic news springing from the Orlando area when I get there, so I am hopeful I can pick up when I move EOM. That area still has foreclosures happening and bank-owed, which is great for us, and low priced homes, also a plus for real estate moving. The Boca area has been stagnant except for new construction.
Good luck to you, and if I was just starting out, I'd probably not rely on this as my soul source of income.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Is Having A Notary Career Dead? - Charlie Allen on 3/18/17 1:06pm
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/18/17 1:16pm
 No, I don't believe its not. Everyone has similar goals in -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 3/19/17 12:00pm
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? - Joe Ewing on 3/18/17 2:31pm
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? - Signerbill on 3/18/17 3:08pm
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? - ananotary on 3/19/17 1:55pm
 I'm in my 11th year at this, and have seen my biz drop -  MW/VA on 3/18/17 3:11pm
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? -  Michelle/AL on 3/18/17 6:25pm
 My mother always said, "never put all your eggs in 1 basket" -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/18/17 7:18pm
 Re: My mother always said, "never put all your eggs in 1 basket" - Louisiana33 on 3/20/17 9:47am
 Re: Is Having A Notary Career Dead? - Luckydog on 3/19/17 9:07am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.