Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What would you do?
Posted by  walthtz of NJ on 4/27/17 6:26pm Msg #574354
Just curious what others would do?
I go to an assignment.
All the paperwork is in the name of FIRST, MIDDLE INITIAL, LAST NAME.
The ID only shows the First & Last Name . When I asked the Client if any other ID that shows the middle initial, she brings out an expired passport (of more than a year) & a birth certificate that does NOT show the Middle Initial.
I call the Title company who tells me that it is my call.
In New Jersey where I am, the Notarial requirements here tell me that I must be satisfactory convinced.
The Title company did NOT want the AKA used.
I did proceed.
Walt
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What would you do? -  walthtz on 4/27/17 6:26pm
 Re: What would you do? -  Teresa/FL on 4/27/17 7:02pm
 I would have sat there until the cows came home ...... - BearPaw/CO on 4/27/17 7:48pm
 Re: What would you do? - Luckydog on 4/27/17 8:38pm
 Re: What would you do? -  VT_Syrup on 4/28/17 6:07am
 Right on, then there are the folks whose sigs are a scrawl -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/28/17 8:09am
 Re: Right on, then there are the folks whose sigs are a scrawl -  JanetK_CA on 4/29/17 4:24pm
 I agree. IMO some notaries don't really understand the -  MW/VA on 4/28/17 8:58am
 Re: I agree. IMO some notaries don -  janCA on 4/28/17 9:10am
 Re: I agree. IMO some notaries don -  janCA on 4/28/17 9:14am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.