Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: ??? What the heck
Posted by SteveS/CA of CA on 6/17/17 9:01pm Msg #576922
<<You only need to "prep" the set you are signing.>>

Agreed. But when I say "prepping" I also mean merging the legal and letter size pages in the correct order (I use the NR page sorter), filling out the notarization forms, except for signature and stamp, and reviewing for any questions I may have for the hiring company. I have discovered errors in the docs by doing this, and pass that info along to whoever can fix it.

Sometimes the files come over in a format where it prints REALLY slow for some reason. When that happens it can take up to an hour to print one copy. I then run the 2nd copy through the copier and it goes much faster. But I still have to allow for the time, just in case.

<<I run 2 printers, and can download and print both packs and out the door in 10 minutes tops.>>

I probably do need a serious upgrade, but until the volume of business makes it necessary, I can get along with what I have. More than get along, actually. I wish I was pushed to the limit where I needed two high-speed printers going simultaneously.

<<I also want to add, my docs have been coming in on time. If they are late, and I have to go, so be it, that closing gets pushed back.>>

Depends what you mean by "on time". Two hours before the appointment is technically "on time", but I still have to be here for the printing. Only if I get the docs the night before can I have everything ready to go where and when I need to go without worrying about the printing part on the day of the signing. I guess I could take the attitude that the closing gets "pushed back" if they don't get me the docs when I WANT them, but it probably means that it will get pushed back with another NSA.

Anyhow, the whole point of this discussion is whether or not it's worth giving up $25 to not have to do the printing. You gave a valid reason why it's not worth it for you. I gave a reason why it might be worth it for me. End of story.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Sick of edocs - Joeycaps479 on 6/17/17 4:20pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - Luckydog on 6/17/17 4:55pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - FGX/NJ on 6/17/17 5:48pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 6:16pm
 ??? What the heck - Luckydog on 6/17/17 8:01pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 9:01pm
 Re: ??? What the heck -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/17 9:26pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 9:43pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - Luckydog on 6/17/17 10:33pm
 Yes, Joey, in a perfect world all my signing engagement doc -  Christine/OK on 6/17/17 6:30pm
 Fashioning your own business model -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/18/17 9:28am
 Re: The Traveling Vineyard - Sue on 6/19/17 9:22am
 I'm with you, Joey. The one thing about this biz that I -  MW/VA on 6/19/17 12:20pm
 Re: I'm with you, Joey. The one thing about this biz that I - SteveS/CA on 6/19/17 12:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.