Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Fashioning your own business model
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 6/18/17 9:28am Msg #576938
You've been doing this a long time...You've mustered a ton of experience and a variety of loan scenarios. Aah, the days of overnight documents. Sometimes I would receive as many as 6 a day from Ditech. It was heaven...But then everything suddenly became last minute edocs on the fly and the day before, butt not always.

It's a crazy industry any more. I had one cancel for tomorrow because it went back to underwriting for some reason. We have no control over these events. It's getting more and more unpredictable any more, especially when Signing Services are involved, and they know less about what is happening with docs than we do. Mostly, when title/escrow call me for a signing, they have the docs already, but one did cancel for tomorrow because docs never came in from the lender, so it will reschedule for next week. That's okay...it was over 100 in the valley yesterday...I was actually relieved that I didn't have to go there.

And what will you do now? I was thinking I would like to be a sales associate at a high end winery.
I've never heard off cases of wine being late or getting cancelled at the last minute, and people who attend the wineries are only all about a good time as they travel from one tasting room to another! Sales associates earn a commission on volume of wine they sell to visitors.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Sick of edocs - Joeycaps479 on 6/17/17 4:20pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - Luckydog on 6/17/17 4:55pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - FGX/NJ on 6/17/17 5:48pm
 Re: Sick of edocs - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 6:16pm
 ??? What the heck - Luckydog on 6/17/17 8:01pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 9:01pm
 Re: ??? What the heck -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/17 9:26pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - SteveS/CA on 6/17/17 9:43pm
 Re: ??? What the heck - Luckydog on 6/17/17 10:33pm
 Yes, Joey, in a perfect world all my signing engagement doc -  Christine/OK on 6/17/17 6:30pm
 Fashioning your own business model -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/18/17 9:28am
 Re: The Traveling Vineyard - Sue on 6/19/17 9:22am
 I'm with you, Joey. The one thing about this biz that I -  MW/VA on 6/19/17 12:20pm
 Re: I'm with you, Joey. The one thing about this biz that I - SteveS/CA on 6/19/17 12:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.