Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? OOPS
Posted by  Pamela/CA of CA on 2/21/18 9:39am Msg #590105
... yessir, that is the problem with software..... I believe remote signings will engender mortgage fraud on a massive scale that is as yet unknown to us. You've uncovered a major flaw on only one item of the knowledge based ID. Both my husband and I have been 'mistaken' by software to own property neither of us ever purchase, have a lien against another property we never placed, owe a car loan to a bank we never use, etc. These are not small things. Additionally, someone pointed out that the computer camera may not be able to discern if a person is being coerced into the Signing or be able to ascertain "competency" in the deportment of the person or whether they are signing in an abandoned home, hoarder home, etc. There is a reason that even today, we must meet eye to eye on important matters - from Presidents to home re-fi's, how many times have we been asked by Borrowers at the signing table if we know the Loan Officer or what our personal experience is with this Lender they found on the internet? We are the only human, one on one, contact that most Signers get today.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What could go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? -  VT_Syrup on 2/21/18 9:06am
 Re: go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? OOPS -  Pamela/CA on 2/21/18 9:39am
 "I believe remote signings will engender mortgage fraud on - Linda_H/FL on 2/21/18 9:45am
 Re: What could go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? - Alan Ramos on 2/21/18 12:38pm
 CBR knowledge-based authentication - NVLSlady/VA on 2/21/18 8:01pm
 Re: What could go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? -  BrendaTx on 2/21/18 8:27pm
 Re: What could go wrong with knowledge-based authentication? -  VT_Syrup on 2/22/18 12:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.