Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Setting Fees, Aside from Notarization Fee per Signature
Posted by Robin Wilson of OR on 3/17/18 4:00pm Msg #591264
I do a mile distance set up. 0-30 miles is $100 and if they state it is only 5 miles away, explain that you get the same price for 30 miles so it averages out. I then increment up from there depending on location, drive time (usually mountains involved). Also, do they want scan/faxbacks that is $25, page size (packages are getting larger now) over 150 $25, over 200 $40 increase.

I do have another notary in the area that is under bidding, so I am losing a bit of business that way, but I do have a professional vinyl portfolio the borrowers get their copy in (and all appreciate it), and I have business pens that I hand out. I have tried to contact the other notary, but he doesn't respond so that means you cannot work as a team and everyone make money.

Find notaries in your area and discuss so that the companies can't try and get you rock bottom. Remember your time is worth money too.

The following is a rough schedule of costs:
Print fee: .1/page so 300 pages $30
travel time .75/mile (time and mileage rate) 50 miles round trip $37.50
Time at the table (usually an hour, reverse mortgages 1.5 hrs) $30 - $45

I do have big printers in my office and my home so I can do dual tray and print fairly fast. My office printer has a scan to email function so that helps a lot. Remember the use of your equipment needs to be in the cost, their time isn't free either so remember your a business not an employee. I am an accountant by trade and work 7 days a week as I am my own employee.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Setting Fees, Aside from Notarization Fee per Signature - Helen Athey on 3/15/18 1:36pm
 Re: Setting Fees, Aside from Notarization Fee per Signature -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/15/18 1:46pm
 Great find, Cheryl! I'd forgotten about that post & thread. -  JanetK_CA on 3/15/18 2:40pm
 There are many thorough ways of calculating the cost -  MW/VA on 3/15/18 6:49pm
 Re: There are many thorough ways of calculating the cost -  JanetK_CA on 3/15/18 7:37pm
 I agree. Since income taxes & SE tax are individual issues, -  MW/VA on 3/16/18 8:31am
 Re: Setting Fees, Aside from Notarization Fee per Signature - Robin Wilson on 3/17/18 4:00pm
 Re: Setting Fees, think your travel fee is quite low - Lee/AR on 3/18/18 10:57am
 My thought, as well. -  JanetK_CA on 3/18/18 1:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.